inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Robocop

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/12/10 at 10:06 am

Who here remembers the film, or that matter the sequels?  I still say the first one, is the best film in the series.

Subject: Re: Robocop

Written By: whistledog on 03/12/10 at 10:54 am

Robocop 1 was great because it was the original.  Robocop 2 was also great because it truly showcased a violent world with no cops.  Robocop 3 was stupid because they gave it a US rating of PG-13, where as the first two were rated R.

Robocop: The Series was good because it was a Canadian production filmed in Canada, but it also sucked because the idea of making a TV series based on a film series is always dumb.

Written By: Davester on 03/12/10 at 2:09 pm

It was aight.  Kurtwood Smith - great villain..!

Written By: whistledog on 03/12/10 at 7:57 pm

It was aight.  Kurtwood Smith - great villain..!

Hell, yes 8)

Everytime I watch 'That 70s Show', I keep waiting for him to say 'Dick Jones!  I work for Dick Jones'

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/12/10 at 7:57 pm

Hell, yes 8)

Everytime I watch 'That 70s Show', I keep waiting for him to say 'Dick Jones!  I work for Dick Jones'

Me too!

;D

Written By: Henk on 03/12/10 at 8:16 pm

The only Robocop I remember has left this forum a long time ago.

Written By: Doc Brown on 03/25/10 at 4:59 pm

SERVE THE PUBLIC TRUST,
PROTECT THE INNOCENT,
UPHOLD THE LAW.

"Don't move, creep!" :D

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

Written By: Foo Bar on 03/26/10 at 11:27 pm

SERVE THE PUBLIC TRUST,
PROTECT THE INNOCENT,
UPHOLD THE LAW.

You forgot one.
CLASSIFIED
Thank you for your co-operation.

I was all about to talk about Electronic Dream Factory's little 1992 tip of the hat to Robocop in the form of Track 8 of Drama Dream when I discovered they're still actively producing music: EDF.  And second, I want some coffee.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 03/28/10 at 6:01 am

Gross but awesome!  ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhT4CF0DEh0

(I wish Red Foreman would've yelled "DUMBASS!" after smashing into him.)

Written By: batfan2005 on 03/29/10 at 7:40 am

I just watched 1 and 3 recently, but I still need to watch the second one. The only thing I liked about the third one is that its filmed in Atlanta, but other than that it was stupid. My favorite is still the first one. Especially like the club scene when they were playing "futuristic" music when it was really just jazzed-up 80's synth-pop. In fact, that song is called "Show Me Your Spine" by Ministry.

ZflAaRrqwIM

Check for new replies or respond here...