inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 19 gets a remix.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 04/02/10 at 12:54 pm

The most catchy song about Vietnam, gets a update!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/8599087.stm

The original version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSGvqjVHik8

Subject: Re: 19 gets a remix.

Written By: Midas on 04/03/10 at 12:57 am

Cool.  There are other remixes of "19" out there, and they're all pretty decent. :)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/03/10 at 1:01 am

The main one they played on Top 40 stations, the 7" single cut cut out a bunch of statements, such as "You're 18-years-old and you got your buddy's brain blown all over your shirt.  I don't see how they could subject and group of 18-year-olds to that and have them NOT be affected."  \ ::)

Of course, there have been numerous horrid attempts at techno-era DJ mixes of that song, but none anywhere as good as the original...which, I have to tell you, I've heard better.
8)

Written By: LynneAlmeda on 04/03/10 at 2:00 pm

You can follow Paul hardcastle of facebook for the latest news. Did you know he recently been nominted for some awards?

Written By: Foo Bar on 04/15/10 at 7:11 pm

The main one they played on Top 40 stations, the 7" single cut cut out a bunch of statements, such as "You're 18-years-old and you got your buddy's brain blown all over your shirt.  I don't see how they could subject and group of 18-year-olds to that and have them NOT be affected."  \ ::)

Maxwell's already seen this, but for the rest of y'all, a few years ago I went through several of the remixes and transcribed the samples from Paul Hardcastle's 19, highlighting the differences between 'em.

(Got a favorite sample-based track?  Know a reference to an obscure sample source?  That there thread's where you wanna be postin' it!)

Check for new replies or respond here...