inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: does anyone know where to get '80s-style jelly shoes?

Written By: LynneAlmeda on 04/03/10 at 1:57 pm

I haven't had much luck on ebay or at thrift stores. all I'm seeing are 'designer jellies' which look nothing like what we wore in the 80s.

Subject: Re: does anyone know where to get '80s-style jelly shoes?

Written By: nupur on 04/03/10 at 2:37 pm

Oooh! I had a pair of pink jelly flats when I was a kid in the 90's. If you're talking about shoes like those, then it looks like Sketchers might sell them -- try amazon.com.

Written By: danootaandme on 04/03/10 at 4:35 pm

You can get just about anything on Ebay

Written By: ladybug316 on 04/03/10 at 6:51 pm

Don't know where to find them, but I accidently crazy glued one to my foot once!  The damn thing had broken (who would've thought a plastic shoe would fall apart  ;D)  Anyway, I glued it for a quick fix and then put it on, assuming the glue had enough time to dry.  When I tried to kick the shoe off a short time later, it was stuck to the top of my foot!  There isn't much skin up there, so I don't have to tell you how painful it was to rip off.  Never wore them again!

Written By: nupur on 04/03/10 at 7:25 pm

Don't know where to find them, but I accidently crazy glued one to my foot once!  The damn thing had broken (who would've thought a plastic shoe would fall apart  ;D)  Anyway, I glued it for a quick fix and then put it on, assuming the glue had enough time to dry.  When I tried to kick the shoe off a short time later, it was stuck to the top of my foot!  There isn't much skin up there, so I don't have to tell you how painful it was to rip off.  Never wore them again!

OUCH :o

Check for new replies or respond here...