inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Can anyone help with a song?

Written By: sgtsmo on 06/01/10 at 9:44 am

I remember hearing a song in about 1982. It was off of a compilation album a friend had and all I can remember of it is "Cristobel, Cristobel. Don't ask me if I'll ever love you..." or something like that. I have never been able to find it since. Does anyone know the name of this song?

Subject: Re: Can anyone help with a song?

Written By: snozberries on 06/02/10 at 4:04 am

some other info might help like...
was the artist Male or female?
Tempo of the song?
genre?
where did you hear it? US, Canada? Elsewhere?
do you remember any other songs from the album?

also....any chance you misheard the lyrics and they were singing Crystal Ball? Not Cristobal? 

Written By: lola669 on 06/02/10 at 7:13 am

Tempo of the song?
genre?

also....any chance you misheard the lyrics and they were singing Crystal Ball? Not Cristobal? 

Great advice. 

There is a song by Styx called "Crystal Ball"

Written By: sgtsmo on 06/02/10 at 9:43 am

Tempo of the song?
genre?

The singer was male, it was more towards up tempo, I think it was new wave because I think it may have been a compilation of British new wave music. I was in Germany at the time. I may have mispelled it. It was more like Christabell.It has been awhile and a lot of things have gone through my head since then, so I really don't remmeber much more. Sorry.

Written By: snozberries on 06/03/10 at 11:44 am

The singer was male, it was more towards up tempo, I think it was new wave because I think it may have been a compilation of British new wave music. I was in Germany at the time. I may have mispelled it. It was more like Christabell.It has been awhile and a lot of things have gone through my head since then, so I really don't remmeber much more. Sorry.

no worries...since it was a british compilation I'm out of this one perhaps Henk or Whistledog can help you...they have far more knowledge of music outside of the US than I do. 

Written By: sgtsmo on 06/03/10 at 5:03 pm

no worries...since it was a british compilation I'm out of this one perhaps Henk or Whistledog can help you...they have far more knowledge of music outside of the US than I do. 
Thank you snozberries. Believe it or not the song just kinda popped in my head the other day, and I can only remember a small part of it.

Written By: snozberries on 06/03/10 at 8:14 pm

Thank you snozberries. Believe it or not the song just kinda popped in my head the other day, and I can only remember a small part of it.

no problem... Good luck with it.

Written By: loki 13 on 06/03/10 at 8:26 pm

Could this be it? the lyrics sort of match.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CcDzUpKiNM&feature=related

Written By: sgtsmo on 06/04/10 at 4:14 pm

Could this be it? the lyrics sort of match.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CcDzUpKiNM&feature=related

No, sorry, that's not the one.

Written By: Henk on 06/05/10 at 1:50 am

I've tried, but no luck (yet). The lyrics don't ring any bells. :-\\

Written By: snozberries on 06/05/10 at 9:59 am

I've tried, but no luck (yet). The lyrics don't ring any bells. :-\\

bummer..... 

Written By: v2cib390 on 10/16/11 at 7:43 pm

A few day's ago I thought of the same song and wanted to find out what it was and who did it.

I had it on a compilation album called "Exposed (a cheap peak at today's provocative new rock)".  I found out that it is Christabelle by Sorrows.

Written By: Foo Bar on 10/16/11 at 9:50 pm

A few day's ago I thought of the same song and wanted to find out what it was and who did it.

I had it on a compilation album called "Exposed (a cheap peak at today's provocative new rock)".  I found out that it is Christabelle by Sorrows.

Nice call!

gaISlwGElt4

On behalf of the guest posting as v2cib390, Christabelle, by Sorrows, from the 1981 album Love Too Late

Written By: moycon on 10/16/11 at 10:31 pm

Good job tracking another song down!

Check for new replies or respond here...