inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Wind Beneath My Wings

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/07/10 at 1:53 pm

For some really odd reason, I think that The Wind Beneath My Wings, was one of the last truly big songs, of the 80's.

Why?

Well, I know, that it first appeared on the charts, in June 1989, but here me out on this one....

A few months later, roughly around November, the music scene changed drastically.

80's type music was starting to be on the wind, techno dance music was coming around the corner, Grunge was over a few years off from being on the radio, and pop music, itself was starting to change.

The only other song, I can truly compare it to, was This Used To Be My Playground, by Madonna, and it was released in the 90's.

Oddly, both songs are sad and kind of really introspective, in a weird way.

I was wondering if anyone else, picked up on this, too?

???

Subject: Re: Wind Beneath My Wings

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/08/10 at 12:22 am

Between "Smells Like Teen Spirit" and "Wind Beneath My Wings," I got terribly frustrated with pop music and started looking elsewhere.
8-P

Written By: whistledog on 08/09/10 at 6:20 am

Before Bette did it, the song was a country hit for Gary Morris.

Written By: Paul on 08/09/10 at 9:19 am

One of those songs which provokes the same reaction in people as 'Feelings' did in the previous decade!

Written By: 80sfan on 08/09/10 at 5:37 pm

Is this the woman that told me that God is watching me?

Check for new replies or respond here...