inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 80s insurance commercial.. little girl says "Grooowwwwwing Upppp"?

Written By: BigBrother on 08/09/10 at 3:53 am

Tried this about six months ago, no answers anywhere, figured I'd give it another shot...

I'm trying to track down this commercial shown *constantly* in the mid 80s, at least in Southern California..

It had a little girl dressed up like Madonna in Material Girl (black lace, sort of punkish).  She's applying lipstick and being asked a few questions by a narrator, till he asks her the question- something like "is there anything you're scared of" or "unsure of" or "afraid of" and then she looks at the camera (I believe) and says "Growwiinnng Uppp" in a long way.  Very cute and sort of heart touching.

Would have played between 1985 and 1987.

I think it was an insurance commercial.

Anyone?

Subject: Re: 80s insurance commercial.. little girl says "Grooowwwwwing Upppp"?

Written By: MrClassicAds on 08/10/10 at 1:28 am

I vaguely remember that commercial. I was about 7 or 8 when it aired. There were two commercials that kept me from wanting to grow up when I was a kid. That one and the Toys R Us commercials where everyone wanted to be a Toys r us kid forever. I'll keep looking through my collection of VHS tapes and let you know if I find it.

For anyone else looking for other old commercials, you can check out my YouTube channel at www.youtube.com/MrClassicAds

Mike

Check for new replies or respond here...