inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 80's group, band??

Written By: lockie on 08/14/10 at 2:29 pm

Please HELP!! There was an album with classical music backed by synthesized music.  I saw a video and there was three or four people playing classical instruments(violin,cello,etc), they are dressed in georgian clothes with white wigs and a domed shaped mirror masks covering their faces. Please can anyone help, this has driving me mad for years.

Subject: Re: 80's group, band??

Written By: Foo Bar on 08/14/10 at 9:11 pm

How classical was it?

Are we talking Mannheim Steamroller new-agey style juxtapositions of harpsichords and synthesizers, or are we talking more Enigma-like Gregorian-chant trendiness?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/14/10 at 10:54 pm

How classical was it?

Are we talking Mannheim Steamroller new-agey style juxtapositions of harpsichords and synthesizers, or are we talking more Enigma-like Gregorian-chant trendiness?

Or was it Falco?

"Oooh! Rock me Amadeus!"
:D

Written By: Claybricks on 08/14/10 at 11:11 pm

Please HELP!! There was an album with classical music backed by synthesized music.  I saw a video and there was three or four people playing classical instruments(violin,cello,etc), they are dressed in georgian clothes with white wigs and a domed shaped mirror masks covering their faces. Please can anyone help, this has driving me mad for years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ej_wRgBS5lI

Rondo Veneziano - La Serenissima {1983}

Note: This video is animated.

Dan

Written By: lockie on 08/19/10 at 2:33 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ej_wRgBS5lI

Rondo Veneziano - La Serenissima {1983}

Note: This video is animated.

Dan

Thanks Dan your a diamond. I found em on amazon and I've ordered.
Cheers mate
Lockie

Written By: lockie on 08/19/10 at 2:38 pm

How classical was it?

I've been sent a name of rondo veneziano, I think this is what I've been looking for, cheers mate
Lockie

Check for new replies or respond here...