inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Menudo

Written By: ADH13 on 09/02/10 at 10:05 pm

I remember in the 80s this latin band called Menudo was plastered all over the front covers of teen magazines.  I never paid much attention to them, they didn't really appeal to me...

Were they supposed to be heartthrobs appearance-wise, or did they even have a memorable hit song?  Looking at wiki, it looks like they had a couple radio hits but I don't remember any of them.... I just remember their faces all over the magazines, and never knew why.

Was anyone here a fan?

Subject: Re: Menudo

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/02/10 at 11:10 pm

Nnnnnoooooo.  I do remember the videos and the merch.  Ricky Martin is also a Menudo alumnus.  I had zero interest in any of it.

Written By: ADH13 on 09/02/10 at 11:21 pm

Nnnnnoooooo.  I do remember the videos and the merch.  Ricky Martin is also a Menudo alumnus.  I had zero interest in any of it.

I don't even remember the videos... I just find it odd, because I don't remember anyone being a fan of Menudo...

Written By: robby76 on 09/02/10 at 11:40 pm

They did seem to be everywhere, but again like everyone's already mentioned, I can't think of a single song they sang. I think they were just good poster material for magazines.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/03/10 at 10:12 am

They did seem to be everywhere, but again like everyone's already mentioned, I can't think of a single song they sang. I think they were just good poster material for magazines.

Enjoy!

:D  ;D

Written By: lorac61469 on 09/03/10 at 10:59 am

Menudo is a traditional Mexican dish, made with beef stomach in a clear broth or occasionally with a red chile base. Why in the world did they call themselves Menudo??

This is the only song that sounds sort of familiar...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFwZ4a5fZYE&playnext=1&videos=CA45aLbCZuA&feature=artistob

Written By: apollonia1986 on 09/03/10 at 11:17 am

I have like one Menudo song somewhere, but I wasn't in to them.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/03/10 at 11:19 am

Menudo is a traditional Mexican dish, made with beef stomach in a clear broth or occasionally with a red chile base. Why in the world did they call themselves Menudo??

This is the only song that sounds sort of familiar...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFwZ4a5fZYE&playnext=1&videos=CA45aLbCZuA&feature=artistob

You couldn't have described it all any more, better.

Written By: whistledog on 09/03/10 at 9:05 pm

I only know 'Hold Me', which in 1985 became their only US Hot 100 hit.  Ricky Martin's first chart single there long before he was livin la vida loca lol

Check for new replies or respond here...