inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: As an 80s fan, doesn't it stink to see the 90s starting to be seen as nostalgic?

Written By: yelimsexa on 11/08/10 at 9:59 am

I was reading an article called "The Best (and Worst) Fathers on Television and one sentence states "In the olden days- the nineties" and to me that once again makes me feel like the '80s may get left behind. The retro-themed video games are more '90s (Sonic, Donkey Kong Country) based this year, plus certain fashions for next year have more '90s elements than some '80s elements of the past few seasons. Rolling Stone even is publishing a book all about "The Nineties' for rock calling it the most important decade since the '60s. I fear that the '80s may have been too lighthearted overall to have much of a "big, broad nostalgia" like the other decades had, along with some backlash today about "greed is good" and "consumerism", giving the '80s a bad rep and that Reaganomics isn't that effective. Sure, the '80s will always have some niche nostalgia, but it looks like that decade is about to be pushed into the background. Even the Backstreet Boys was labeled as "Nostalgia" by a Time magazine article for an upcoming tour, plus today's sound is sort of a new Teen Pop movement, and is basically an updated form of '90s techno music. But decades, both current and nostalgic always overlap each other and should take everything we can get.  

Another update shows that MTV is reviving "Unplugged" as a Web program, plus we're now far enough to describe that "Internet golden oldies go shopping."

Subject: Re: As an 80s fan, doesn't it stink to see the 90s starting to be seen as nostalgic?

Written By: Lynne on 11/09/10 at 7:09 pm

Yea, it stinks. Especially because, in my opinion, the advent of the '90s was the beginning of the end of good movies, music, and fashion. I would say roughly 85-90% of what is 'hot' now is actually garbage. There is very little true originality or even talent. Case in point, in the '80s there was something for everyone in the way of music and every band had their own style. Today's pop stars and rockers sound virtually the same >>something I began to notice 10 or more yrs ago. Who cares if you're unique, as long as you sell records? And people in the '80s did more experimenting in the way of fashion as well, while today everyone is so cookie-cutter. Sure, there were the popular brands and the popular kids who wore them and were envied by those who could not afford to make that particular fashion statement, but people were not so afraid of being themselves and making their own trends either. The '90s just ushered in an age of lameness, sameness, and simplicity.

Subject: Re: As an 80s fan, doesn't it stink to see the 90s starting to be seen as nostalgic?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/09/10 at 8:34 pm

One of the chief conduits of nostalgia is pop music.

Not to knock nineties music, but I don't see the kind of passion for "nineties music" as I do for "eighties music."  My friend did an eighties radio show in 1994, then I did one in 1995.  Both his and mine had lots of listeners.  The eighties were still in the rear view mirror when people were ready to throw it in reverse because there was some great music back there: New Order, Depeche Mode, Talking Heads, The Fixx, A Flock Of Seagulls, Ultravox, Duran Duran, The Smiths, Shriekback, etc. etc. 

I've conducted this monkish study of obscure contemporary classical music composers for the past decade.  If I quit it and revived my eighties program, I'd get ten times more listeners. 

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/09/10 at 11:23 pm

It was bound to happen eventually. I like the music from the 80's, it was a bit more innovative, artists were not afraid to take risks, and the videos made during the decade were memorable.

The 90's had music that was more edgier, bleaker, darker, and well grungier.

I like some of the music from the 90's, but not entirely.

Written By: 80sfan on 11/09/10 at 11:57 pm

Yea, it stinks. Especially because, in my opinion, the advent of the '90s was the beginning of the end of good movies, music, and fashion. I would say roughly 85-90% of what is 'hot' now is actually garbage. There is very little true originality or even talent. Case in point, in the '80s there was something for everyone in the way of music and every band had their own style. Today's pop stars and rockers sound virtually the same >>something I began to notice 10 or more yrs ago. Who cares if you're unique, as long as you sell records? And people in the '80s did more experimenting in the way of fashion as well, while today everyone is so cookie-cutter. Sure, there were the popular brands and the popular kids who wore them and were envied by those who could not afford to make that particular fashion statement, but people were not so afraid of being themselves and making their own trends either. The '90s just ushered in an age of lameness, sameness, and simplicity.

The 90's was the last time pop culture was bearable to me. By '99 music was dominated by lame teen pop groups.
By 2001, I lost interest in tv, and by 2005, movies were starting to get formulaic.

The 90's was like a preview of the 'sameness' and 'lameness' you described, but the 00's was when it all came in full force!

Written By: Tanya1976 on 11/10/10 at 8:10 pm

Nah, it just reminds me that I'm in my thirties. No biggie.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/10/10 at 8:29 pm

Yeah, same here.  Well, twenties for me but six and one-half dozen of the other.  I just wasn't as wrapped up in pop culture in the '90s as I was in the '80s.
:-\\

Written By: Foo Bar on 11/11/10 at 9:06 pm

I've conducted this monkish study of obscure contemporary classical music composers for the past decade.  If I quit it and revived my eighties program, I'd get ten times more listeners. 

The 80s was the last decade of broadcasting.  Music distribution was via radio - and whether you listened to the "rock" station, the "pop" station, or the "alternative" station didn't matter, it was easy to keep up.  Tune in to any (or all three) of those stations, and you could keep up with everything that was out there.  The goths, the rockers, and everyone in between had their own opinions on genres, but they could at least recognize everyone was from "A Flock of Seagulls" to "ZZ Top".

The 90s marked the end of broadcasting and the advent of narrowcasting.  With the advent of Clear Channel and the consolidation of radio, there may have been ten stations on the dial, but they were all playing from the same two playlists: Nickelback or glam rap.  Actual music was distributed via burned CD-R copies of CDs, and then via MP3s - first by sneakernet, and then by P2P.  If it wasn't on Clear Channel, and it wasn't being traded by your personal circle of friends, you never heard it.

The reason we're seeing old tracks remixed these days is because there were always a few Clear Channel "classic" and "retro" stations on every dial.  The only common ground we all have is founded in the classics of the 70s, 80s, and (now) whatever manged to survive the 90s.  Mashup culture works because it nails this idea perfectly: a listener doesn't have to know both songs to appreciate the one he or she does know. 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/11/10 at 10:33 pm

The 80s was the last decade of broadcasting.  Music distribution was via radio - and whether you listened to the "rock" station, the "pop" station, or the "alternative" station didn't matter, it was easy to keep up.  Tune in to any (or all three) of those stations, and you could keep up with everything that was out there.  The goths, the rockers, and everyone in between had their own opinions on genres, but they could at least recognize everyone was from "A Flock of Seagulls" to "ZZ Top".

The 90s marked the end of broadcasting and the advent of narrowcasting.  With the advent of Clear Channel and the consolidation of radio, there may have been ten stations on the dial, but they were all playing from the same two playlists: Nickelback or glam rap.  Actual music was distributed via burned CD-R copies of CDs, and then via MP3s - first by sneakernet, and then by P2P.  If it wasn't on Clear Channel, and it wasn't being traded by your personal circle of friends, you never heard it.

The reason we're seeing old tracks remixed these days is because there were always a few Clear Channel "classic" and "retro" stations on every dial.  The only common ground we all have is founded in the classics of the 70s, 80s, and (now) whatever manged to survive the 90s.  Mashup culture works because it nails this idea perfectly: a listener doesn't have to know both songs to appreciate the one he or she does know. 

I like to keep my radio identity separate from the inthe00s board, but I keep going on university FM at the low end of the dial.  We don't get the kind of wattage the NPR stations get but we do broadcast to surprisingly diverse audiences.  The demand for great radio has not died.  However great radio in America, whether Clear Channel or NPR is in throes.  Personally, I hope NPR loses their federal funding.  They're such suck-ups to the bourgeoisie, they don't even deserve it!
>:(

There might be a college radio station in your area that welcomes community members.  You might be able to get a show on which you can play Skinny Puppy and read Ayn Rand in between!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/dontknow.gif

Written By: livingandlearning on 11/12/10 at 4:59 am

I just love 80s Music.Thanks.

Written By: Tommy on 11/12/10 at 12:14 pm

Ugh. Hearing that really bums me out. The 90s sucked. In my opinion, the 60s and 90s f***ed everything up.

Written By: Emman on 11/12/10 at 11:44 pm

plus today's sound is sort of a new Teen Pop movement, and is basically an updated form of '90s techno music. 

You hit the nail on the head with that, most people think that all this technopop/electro-house that is dominant right now sounds like 80's synthpop, but alot of it sounds very 90's eurodance/00's trance influenced to me(but some of it is still 80's influenced).

Written By: Foo Bar on 11/14/10 at 6:37 pm

university FM at the low end of the dial.

<obscure>
You wouldn't lie to me and turn out to be a top-40 station that's been bought by the major labels... Oh, oh, oh, college radio!
</obscure>

Seriously, podcasts (much like Rule 34, there probably is at least one podcast featuring a randroid who plays Skinny Puppy instead of Rush) and college radio are about the only media that haven't been Con$olidated over the past 20 years.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/14/10 at 11:54 pm

<obscure>
You wouldn't lie to me and turn out to be a top-40 station that's been bought by the major labels... Oh, oh, oh, college radio!
</obscure>

Seriously, podcasts (much like Rule 34, there probably is at least one podcast featuring a randroid who plays Skinny Puppy instead of Rush) and college radio are about the only media that haven't been Con$olidated over the past 20 years.

I could get on the local high-powered NPR affiliate if I wanted to play Brahms 'til the cows come home and then whine for money for days on end every spring and every fall!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/jerk.gif

it remains .

Written By: yelimsexa on 11/15/10 at 10:29 pm

Digital Spy's game blog just featured 1997's Goldeneye (it seemed like yesterday!) Also today, another narrowcast source lists Mickey Mouse Club (no, not the 1950s version) of a trio of Pop Stars joining the show in 1993- Britney Spears, Jessica Simpson, and Justin Timberlake!

http://www.takepart.com/news/2010/11/15/retro-action-november-15-1993-three-future-popstars-join-mickey-mouse-club-

I'm still not going to accept the '90s as nostalgic until 2016 at the earliest (2006 was when I really started to get '80s nostalgic as by then, Web 2.0/styles had just started to make the '80s feel like another planet; but I feel that the technological changes from 2005 to 2010 are greater than the changes from 2000 to 2005!

-DVDs were both abound in 2000 and 2005; now they're old hat in favor of Blu-Ray (few in 2005).
-Cellphones is the biggie. In 2000 and 2005 we had just flip phones and some PDAs but no smartphones, nowadays flip phones are old hat and smartphones are not just standard; those are evolving (3G already seems so last year in favor of 4G!)
-Glam Rap dominated in 2000 and 2005; now that's gone and auto-tune and electropop has arrived since with rock mostly indie nowadays and little mainstream rock.
-The Internet in 2005 was closer to the Web 1.0 enviornment of 2000 (Facebook in its infancy and Youtube/Wikipedia not quite mainstream yet and no Twitter) than 2010 in which mobile-basesd applications are essential.
-In 2005, SDTV was still the majority of TV available (similar to 1965 were color was just starting to get popular, the majority of actual viewing was still in black in white compared to the nearly pure B&W/SDTV of 1960/2000 and Color/HDTV or 1970/2010).

For better or for worse, we're currently in the midst of a progressive era, much like the turn of the 20th Century, 1960s/early-mid '70s, and 1990s were. Political correctness/technology even changes some slang/grammar conventions.

This means it only gets harder and harder to really experience the '80s...  :\'( Just look at the 1950s people. During the '80s itself, there was reasonably good recreations of the 1950s along with many tributes/re-releases/oldies programming, now you'll have to look hard for it (finding old stuff at antique shops; satellite radio for that music, etc.) Cherish what's left of the '80s now as it will only get harder and harder to find.

Written By: Cory! on 11/17/10 at 9:40 pm

While everything mentioned here may pretty much be true...I think 80's styled fashion is pretty much gonna stay for a while.
I mean now we've got even more fashion coming back from that decade...and I'm pretty sure there's more to come... At Rue 21, they're selling LEGWARMERS and I have seen quite a few people wearing them. Converse even has a new shoe design with legwarmers attached to the shoe! I've seen A LOOT of girls wearing off shouldered sweaters/sweatshirts as well. I could go on for a while about that but yeahhh. :P The music, yeah it might be 80's influenced buuut not ALL of it sounds like it. Even though I've heard quite a few songs this year that could have been released then. :P But synthesizers are huge in music nowadays, a lot like thennn. But I don't really hear/see anything about the 90's at all....if anything its about the 80's. I don't think enough people miss the 90's enough yet for the huuuge nostalgia to start.

Written By: Mat1991 on 12/03/10 at 8:59 pm

It's about time people started to become nostalgic for the '90s, if you ask me. I've seen nothing but '80s nostalgia for the past few years. I'm not saying that the '80s was a bad decade (I wasn't even alive during the '80s), but I'm just saying that the '80s have lived up its hype and should now let other decades have their turn to be looked at fondly.

Written By: bigdsketch92 on 12/10/10 at 10:06 pm

I was born in 92, so i never experienced the 80s, but that saddens me bcuz i'm truely an 80s at heart. I love and practically know everything about the 80s.  :(
Don't get me wrong i do like the 90s, especially the early-mid 90s, but the even that time period to me isn't as groundbreaking as the 80s.

Written By: Ben on 01/29/11 at 10:29 am

Yeah that's how I feel.  It just reminds me that I'm 35 and not 18 or even 24.  10 years ago when I was in my mid 20s I felt old when the 80s started getting called "retro" and "classic" back in 2000 and '01.  I couldn't believe words like that were being used for a decade only 11-12 years old but then I realized that at the time the early 80s were 20 years out.  Now it's happening to the 90s, 1991 was 20 years ago and I'm like, whatever....no biggie.  It's the circle of life.  Ya know, like The Lion King song.  ;)

Written By: Howard on 01/29/11 at 12:37 pm

Now I feel I'm getting old that within the next few years The 90's will be really retro.

Written By: nicole1977 on 01/29/11 at 3:45 pm

I don't think that it sucks because I was a teenager in the first half of the 90s.  Being born in 1977, I feel like I have the best of both worlds.  I can feel nostalgic about the 80s AND 90s.  I damn sure ain't going to feel nostalgic of the 2000 decade, that's for sure.

Written By: nicole1977 on 01/29/11 at 3:47 pm

I do feel old though.  I mean, the 90s is now considered retro and old school? WTH?  I remember when the 90s was BRAND NEW! 

Written By: RG1995 on 01/29/11 at 4:33 pm

To be fair, the 1980s had a long run nostalgia wise. The 1990s are sure to be next. I'd say 2012/2013 is when 90's nostalgia explodes. It's time for something new anyways. I am sick of the 80s being "in". Time for Grunge and Beavis and Butthead to be the new cool things :P

Written By: Howard on 01/30/11 at 6:34 am

I do feel old though.  I mean, the 90s is now considered retro and old school? WTH?  I remember when the 90s was BRAND NEW! 

I'm with you Nicole,I'll be 37 soon and very soon will be saying The 2000's are going to be retro.

Written By: nicole1977 on 01/30/11 at 7:05 am

I'm with you Nicole,I'll be 37 soon and very soon will be saying The 2000's are going to be retro.

I don't like the 2000 decade.  The only part of the 2000 decade that I liked as far as music is the early 2000s (2000-2003)

Written By: Howard on 01/30/11 at 7:12 am

I don't like the 2000 decade.  The only part of the 2000 decade that I liked as far as music is the early 2000s (2000-2003)

Me neither,It seems that almost every decade has some sort of trouble around the world.

Written By: nicole1977 on 01/30/11 at 8:13 am

Me neither,It seems that almost every decade has some sort of trouble around the world.

I miss the 90s so much.  The reason why I liked 2000-2003 music is because it still sounded like the 90s to me.  The few things that I dislike about the early 2000s were the death of Aaliyah, Left Eye, and Jam Master Jay, 9-11, George Bush stealing the votes.  I miss the 80s and 90s.  I mostly miss the late 80s/early to mid 90s culture because I was in junior high and high school at the time.  I didn't like my experience in high school, but I liked the culture at that period.  Grunge, gangsta rap, jazz-rap, pop-rap, political rap, Afrocentric rap, New Jack Swing, smooth R&B, adult contemporary, house, dance music was popular in the late 80s/early to mid 90s.  The baggy pants, the bright color clothes, the polka dot clothes, LA Gears, Britsh Knights, Converse shoes, Lottos, Swatches, acid washed jeans, krimps, Goose Down jackets, OPP jackets, flannel shirts, body suits, etc.  To me, the 2000 decade was a terrible time.  A WHOLE lot of well-known celebrities were dropping dead like flies, and most of them were not in their 70s yet.  I remember the time when almost everybody was still living

Written By: Emman on 01/30/11 at 11:03 am

I  I mostly miss the late 80s/early to mid 90s culture because I was in junior high and high school at the time.  I didn't like my experience in high school, but I liked the culture at that period.  Grunge, gangsta rap, jazz-rap, pop-rap, political rap, Afrocentric rap, New Jack Swing, smooth R&B, adult contemporary, house, dance music was popular in the late 80s/early to mid 90s.  The baggy pants, the bright color clothes, the polka dot clothes, LA Gears, Britsh Knights, Converse shoes, Lottos, Swatches, acid washed jeans, krimps, Goose Down jackets, OPP jackets, flannel shirts, body suits, etc.

The early 90s was a very unique period, Vanilla Ice could have only been popular in 1990, imagine him coming out in 1984 or 1994 ;D. The period had a very "funky" feel to it, with all the afrocentric graphic designs, old school hip-hop, funk metal, new jack swing, and house music. I don't see how people could call that period completely '80s like(although there was a bit of an 80s hangover in fashion until like 1993/1994), it was very urban. I like that period's house music(along with the early 00s disco-house style), that's when house still had a more soulful, gospel influenced sound, unlike the electro-house sound of the early 10s.

Written By: RG1995 on 01/30/11 at 12:46 pm

I always liked the 90's better than the 80's anyway. The 1990s and 1970s were the two best decades in my opinion. Hopefully the 2010s follow through with the "every other decade" tradition for me.

Written By: nicole1977 on 01/30/11 at 1:41 pm

The early 90s was a very unique period, Vanilla Ice could have only been popular in 1990, imagine him coming out in 1984 or 1994 ;D. The period had a very "funky" feel to it, with all the afrocentric graphic designs, old school hip-hop, funk metal, new jack swing, and house music. I don't see how people could call that period completely '80s like(although there was a bit of an 80s hangover in fashion until like 1993/1994), it was very urban. I like that period's house music(along with the early 00s disco-house style), that's when house still had a more soulful, gospel influenced sound, unlike the electro-house sound of the early 10s.

You are so right, and I'm so fortunate to experience all of that in my preteen (ages 11 and 12) and teenage (13-17) life.  The late 80s and early to mid 90s was so diverse in music and fashion.  I went to my first New Jack Swing concert in 1989 when I was 12.  I had a black medallion on with my white Adidas sweat suit.  Yes, 1990-early 1993 was pretty much the 80s hangover until late 1993/early 1994.  House music was soulful, funky, and gospel-influenced.  House music reminded me of disco music of the mid to late 70s.  Nowadays, it's so watered down and cheesy and too synthesized.  I believe that the 90s reminded me of the 70s.

Written By: Howard on 01/30/11 at 7:07 pm

The 90's were ok for me,I graduated from high School in 1992,My brother passed away in 1995,I met a buddy from my old program in 1996 and I attended a vocational program in the city in 1999.

Written By: 80sfan on 01/30/11 at 10:38 pm

The 90's were ok for me,I graduated from high School in 1992,My brother passed away in 1995,I met a buddy from my old program in 1996 and I attended a vocational program in the city in 1999.

My sister is class of 1993! Makes sense since she was born a year after you.  :)

Written By: Howard on 01/31/11 at 6:31 am

My sister is class of 1993! Makes sense since she was born a year after you.  :)

1975?

Written By: 80sfan on 01/31/11 at 7:13 pm

1975?

Yes.

Written By: Howard on 02/01/11 at 6:34 am

And in another 10 years the 2000's will be nostalgic.

Written By: tv on 02/01/11 at 11:23 am

And in another 10 years the 2000's will be nostalgic.
Maybe 1999-2006. The latter part of it probably not.

Written By: nintieskid999 on 02/01/11 at 2:16 pm

Maybe 1999-2006. The latter part of it probably not.

Agreed. I think anyone who fondly remembers Soulja Boy has to be insane!

Written By: Howard on 02/01/11 at 6:56 pm

Agreed. I think anyone who fondly remembers Soulja Boy has to be insane!

10 years from now no one will know who he is/was.

Written By: 80sfan on 02/01/11 at 7:53 pm

If that's true than thank God.  8)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 02/01/11 at 10:38 pm

As Steve Miller once sang "Time keeps on slipping into the future..."

I learned at some point in my lengthy life that you can go three ways in life:

Experience a certain era in your life, then try to hang on to it, relive it, recreate it, mis-remember it, gloss over it and spend the rest of your life with blinders on, missing out on each new era and live life in regret that you wish you could have now what you had back then.

or you can experience and enjoy each era/decade as it comes (and goes) remember fondly or remember and adjust your life to what you've learned, be open to what each new era has to offer, always creating memories and experience.  Not be "stuck" in any certain time period...

or you could live oblivious to everything, just meerly surviving until you die.  ;D

Haven't decided which way I'm going to live my life yet.  :D ;)

Written By: 80sfan on 02/01/11 at 11:10 pm

As Steve Miller once sang "Time keeps on slipping into the future..."

I learned at some point in my lengthy life that you can go three ways in life:

Experience a certain era in your life, then try to hang on to it, relive it, recreate it, mis-remember it, gloss over it and spend the rest of your life with blinders on, missing out on each new era and live life in regret that you wish you could have now what you had back then.

or you can experience and enjoy each era/decade as it comes (and goes) remember fondly or remember and adjust your life to what you've learned, be open to what each new era has to offer, always creating memories and experience.  Not be "stuck" in any certain time period...

or you could live oblivious to everything, just meerly surviving until you die.   ;D

Haven't decided which way I'm going to live my life yet.   :D ;)

Every era is something we must all enjoy until the day we're not here on earth anymore.

Written By: nintieskid999 on 02/02/11 at 5:28 am

Until kids the teens of the 2020s discover him on Youtube that is.....
:D

Written By: Howard on 02/02/11 at 6:32 am

Every era is something we must all enjoy until the day we're not here on earth anymore.

I'm staying here on Earth,I'm not dying.

Written By: Howard on 02/02/11 at 6:33 am

Until kids the teens of the 2020s discover him on Youtube that is.....
:D

That's if there is still a Youtube.

Written By: nintieskid999 on 02/02/11 at 7:58 am

That's if there is still a Youtube.

I hope there's still a Youtube!
I think it will be there, but then again, I used to think that Napster would be there for a longer time than it lasted, even amidst the controversy.

Written By: Howard on 02/02/11 at 12:41 pm

I hope there's still a Youtube!
I think it will be there, but then again, I used to think that Napster would be there for a longer time than it lasted, even amidst the controversy.

Yotube is always coming up with changes.

Written By: RG1995 on 02/02/11 at 5:21 pm

Yotube is always coming up with changes.
I hate the new updates they have done recently.

Written By: Howard on 02/03/11 at 6:33 am

I know,it stinks.

Written By: yelimsexa on 02/03/11 at 8:38 am

What updates in particular don't you like? VEVO? Videos not shown in a particular country? The shark is circling but it hasn't been jumped over yet as I still find Youtube as the best source to revisit all things '80s and other decades. But I hate it when I see on eBay a lot of TV Guides mostly from the '90s and are referred to as "vintage"! I honestly think something has to be 25 years old to be vintage (even if NBC jokingly calls their Miami Vice summer reruns in their 1987 promos "Vintage Vice"); 15-25 is just "old school"!

Written By: 80sfan on 02/03/11 at 2:50 pm

I know,it stinks.

I still like Youtube.  :-[

Written By: Howard on 02/03/11 at 7:36 pm

I still like Youtube.  :-[

Me too,I have my own channel,have been a member of it for 5 years now.

Written By: 80sfan on 02/03/11 at 7:40 pm

Me too,I have my own channel,have been a member of it for 5 years now.

Youtube started in 2005 so you were one of the early members of the website!  :o

Written By: Howard on 02/03/11 at 8:18 pm

Youtube started in 2005 so you were one of the early members of the website!  :o

I also created Jamminoldies videos.

Written By: Revolutions on 02/04/11 at 3:39 pm

nah. i dont think the 90s had enough substance to really ever take over 80s nostalgia. i think we will skip straight from 80s and early 90s nostalgia to late 90s and 2000s nostalgia (imagine that ....)

Written By: tv on 02/04/11 at 6:07 pm

nah. i dont think the 90s had enough substance to really ever take over 80s nostalgia. i think we will skip straight from 80s and early 90s nostalgia to late 90s and 2000s nostalgia (imagine that ....)
No way I don't thnk so I mean Britney still around from the late 90's plus 1999-2000 that was a cheesey era.  I think the 90's was more serious(1993-1997/1998) than the 80's(1983-1987/1998) were.

If Britney wasn't relevant now i meant say different story.

Check for new replies or respond here...