inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 80s snack

Written By: Tommy on 11/16/10 at 3:48 pm

Does anybody remember the Rice Krispies Treats bars? I think that's what they were called. They weren't Rice Krispies Treats, they were more like granola bars. Oh, I loved them. I can still taste them.

Subject: Re: 80s snack

Written By: stingr22 on 11/19/10 at 12:00 am

Combos first came out in the 80s.  I still like them!

Written By: Tommy on 11/19/10 at 9:41 am

Are you serious? Did you even read my question?

Written By: lorac61469 on 11/20/10 at 4:37 am

Are you serious? Did you even read my question?

Maybe he thought that this was a thread to discuss all kinds of treats from the 80's. 
Next time you start a new topic to discuss one type of food/song/clothing item you might want to make the title a bit more specific. Sort of like this..."Who remembers Rice Krispies Treats bars?" or "Where can I find...".  Also when you start a thread you can use a message icon, like a question mark or a light bulb. 

Written By: lorac61469 on 11/20/10 at 4:38 am

Oh, I forgot to answer you question...
No, I don't remember Rice Krispies Treats bars.

Subject: Kellogg's Rice Krispies Bars

Written By: Tommy on 11/20/10 at 8:34 am

Awesome! I found a pic of them!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mankatt/4354410195/

Written By: whistledog on 11/20/10 at 9:38 am

Combos first came out in the 80s.  I still like them!

Combos are awesome, yet quite obscure these days.  I can't get them at all stores, like I could back in the day.

Awesome! I found a pic of them!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mankatt/4354410195/

You don't have to remember those.  Rice Krispies boxes give you the recipe to make the original ones.  Just add peanuts and choc. chips ::)

Written By: Tommy on 11/22/10 at 9:17 am

Combos are awesome, yet quite obscure these days.  I can't get them at all stores, like I could back in the day.

You don't have to remember those.  Rice Krispies boxes give you the recipe to make the original ones.  Just add peanuts and choc. chips ::)

Maybe if you had actually read what I wrote you would realize they were different from normal Rice Krispies Treats.  ::)

Written By: whistledog on 11/24/10 at 9:21 am

Maybe if you had actually read what I wrote you would realize they were different from normal Rice Krispies Treats.  ::)

::)

Written By: Tommy on 11/24/10 at 10:25 am

Wow. What a mature moderator. What are you? 14?

Written By: whistledog on 11/24/10 at 7:25 pm

Wow. What a mature moderator. What are you? 14?

You take that back you big bad poophead or i'll tell on you.

We are a fun group around here, but you're starting off on a sour note.  Be nice to us, we'll return that kindness.

Written By: snozberries on 12/04/10 at 2:01 pm

Kelloggs makes both Rice Krispies cereal with the treats recipe and they make the treats you were posted an image of.

Whistle merely suggested that by altering the original Rice KRispies treats recipe you can recreate the ones you posted a pic of...therefore...no need to remember it just make it yourself.

Tommy you're kind of a jerk... we have a lot of great members here. we even have some members who are jerks....what we never tolerate are jerky guests so sign up and be a member or treat people who post in your thread with more respect.

Now, more importantly, Jason what are Combos?  at first I thought stinger was talking about combo meals at a fast food joint but now your posts tells me I thought wrong...

Written By: whistledog on 12/09/10 at 7:31 pm

Now, more importantly, Jason what are Combos?  at first I thought stinger was talking about combo meals at a fast food joint but now your posts tells me I thought wrong...

Little cylinder shaped crackers or pretzels filled with cheese

Written By: GoddessPsyche on 12/12/10 at 10:40 pm

You take that back you big bad poophead or i'll tell on you.

We are a fun group around here, but you're starting off on a sour note.  Be nice to us, we'll return that kindness.

;D Bah-ha-ha-ha-ha, nice...

Written By: snozberries on 12/13/10 at 11:44 am

Little cylinder shaped crackers or pretzels filled with cheese

No wonder I've never heard of them  8-P

Check for new replies or respond here...