inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Holly Hobbie Play House

Written By: Andrea on 11/24/10 at 12:34 pm

Hi,

In 1975 there was a 5ft tall heavy cardboard Holly Hobbie playhouse.  I am searching for one.  Back in February 2010, I think it may have been a guest that post that she had one, mint in a box, for sale.

If anyone has one, I am most interested in purchasing one.

I remember my mom donating it against my protests to our local McDonald's christmas toy drive.

Thanks,

Andrea

Subject: Re: Holly Hobbie Play House

Written By: Foo Bar on 11/24/10 at 9:01 pm

Short of eBay, I can't help you, but since you mention it:

...grumble grumble original Millennium Falcon garage sale it even still had the box I used to "land" it in grumble snarl NO MOM I'M NOT STILL BITTER grumble if I had it I still wouldn't sell it today grumble at least I still have my small die-cast X-Wing and TIE fighters...

If nobody can help out with the playhouse, how many of us have had our folks give away an "old" toy that turned out to be worth more - sentimentally or otherwise - than our parents thought it was worth?

Written By: robby76 on 11/25/10 at 4:58 am

If nobody can help out with the playhouse, how many of us have had our folks give away an "old" toy that turned out to be worth more - sentimentally or otherwise - than our parents thought it was worth?

Yep! When I was 13 my Mom gave away ALL my toys... ALL!!! Star Wars, He-man, GI Joe, Thundercats... expensive vehicles, rare figures... all given away! I was distraught and have been trying to restart the collection ever since I've gotten some earning power.

Written By: karen on 11/25/10 at 8:49 am

My dad is still complaining about his step-mum throwing his stuff out in 1959!

Written By: karen on 11/25/10 at 8:51 am

Hi,

In 1975 there was a 5ft tall heavy cardboard Holly Hobbie playhouse.  I am searching for one.  Back in February 2010, I think it may have been a guest that post that she had one, mint in a box, for sale.

Andrea

under the guests name is a link to their e-mail address.  It might be worth a shot contacting them for more information.  They might not have put the item onto ebay

Written By: Claybricks on 11/26/10 at 10:48 am

http://images.craigslist.org/3nb3m23p75Q65U05P1abje1a53d648796134e.jpg
http://images.craigslist.org/3n93m73of5V05U05S1abj0d4735915187155b.jpg

Holly Hobbie Kids Playhouse (San Jose)

Date: 2010-11-19, 2:05PM PST

I have for sale a mint condition 1975 Holly Hobbie Playhouse made by Coleco. It has never been played with or removed from it's box. It is made with corrugated cardboard.

Email Any offers

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/tag/2069681157.html

To find other Play Houses for sale, Use these search Terms in Google:

"Holly Hobbie" Play House
"Holly Hobbie" PlayHouse
"Holly Hobbie" House

Dan

Check for new replies or respond here...