inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: It's a remake, a twisted remake.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/14/10 at 8:26 pm

Apparently, the films Firestarter and Maximum Overdrive, will be remade.

http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=20025&count=0

But will they use the song, Firestarter, by The Prodigy, in the film?

???

Subject: Re: It's a remake, a twisted remake.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/14/10 at 8:56 pm

They just remade "Tron"

Yawn

Yawn

Yawn!

The did re-use Journey ("Separate Ways Worlds Apart), and added Eurythimcs (Sweet Dreams Are Made of This), neither of which were used in the original, although Journey did have a couple of songs on the original soundtrack, but they don't have Wendy Carlos.  I don't know whether she turned down the project or was never asked.  This time they have Daft Punk for the incidental music. NO THANKS!  Wendy Carlos or bust...uh, not a good pun!
>:(

Written By: lorac61469 on 12/14/10 at 9:31 pm

Wow, why?  They weren't really very good movies to begin with.  I wonder if Lisa Simpson, I mean Yeardley Smith will make an apperance in the remake?

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/15/10 at 9:47 am

They just remade "Tron"

Yawn

Yawn

Yawn!

The did re-use Journey ("Separate Ways Worlds Apart), and added Eurythimcs (Sweet Dreams Are Made of This), neither of which were used in the original, although Journey did have a couple of songs on the original soundtrack, but they don't have Wendy Carlos.  I don't know whether she turned down the project or was never asked.  This time they have Daft Punk for the incidental music. NO THANKS!  Wendy Carlos or bust...uh, not a good pun!
>:(

Actually, Tron Legacy is a sequel, not a remake.

Written By: Davester on 12/16/10 at 12:03 am

Dunno about the rest of it, but "Barbarella" may be worth a look...

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/20/10 at 4:46 pm

About Last Night, is getting remaded soon too.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/about-last-night-being-considered-for-a-remake,49278/

Check for new replies or respond here...