inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: obscure 1980s european pop band - help needed

Written By: Martin on 05/23/11 at 4:47 pm

really need some help. trying to remember a european band from the 1980s. It was a trio - 2 men and a woman. All I can recall is that they were very camp. One man had long, curly black hair and moustache like a canadian mountie or someone from the restoration period. I can't recall what the other man wore but the woman was scantilly clad and I think had a couple of enhancements. I have the words Art, War, Airplane and Airport in my head which are eithe complete red herrings or minor clues to their identity. Please can someone put me out of my misery and name this band. Thanks

Subject: Re: obscure 1980s european pop band - help needed

Written By: gibbo on 05/23/11 at 7:58 pm

Maybe the 1980's band...Haysi Fantayzee  :-\\ 

Haven't got access to any pics right now.. but check them out on Google...  Most pics only show the main two though...

Haysi Fantayzee was formed in 1981 and consisted of singers Jeremy Healy (also known as Jeremiah) and Kate Garner, and Garner's boyfriend songwriter/producer/manager Paul Caplin. The band released four singles in 1982 and 1983: "John Wayne is Big Leggy", "Holy Joe", "Shiny Shiny", and "Sister Friction", and an album, Battle Hymns For Children Singing. The original plan had been for Garner to perform alone. The band made a crude video performance and sent that instead of a demo tape to record companies. Their outfits were often designed by Garner. The two singers looked like distorted mirror images of each other, with similar hair and make-up. In a 1983 interview with David Maples on the Los Angeles-based TV show "MV3", Jeremy Healy accused the singer known as Boy George (George O'Dowd) of stealing his infamous look.

Written By: Martin on 05/24/11 at 3:01 am

Thanks for the reply. But definitely not Haysi. This was a rather obscure european band (possibly German or Swedish). It would have been very late 80's (possibly even early 90s). The strange dress may have just been for the video and I am sure the words Art, War and Airplane feature somewhere. They would have been well at home on Eurotrash!

Written By: Martin on 05/24/11 at 1:35 pm

Got it - it came to me in a flash this evening. Nothing prompted it. Just came back.

Group was Army of Lovers (and the song that I remember was Crucified)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYT2aWavXlc

I was quite a way of with Art of something but it was all I had in my head. Hey-ho, I've returned to sanity now...

Written By: whistledog on 05/24/11 at 8:48 pm

Army of Lovers.  I have heard of them before.

Check for new replies or respond here...