inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Celebrity Cameos in 80s Music Videos

Written By: whistledog on 06/03/11 at 11:37 pm

What are some of them?  I think I may of missed a few lol

1982 | Shadows of the Night by Pat Benatar - Judge Reinhold and Bill Paxton appear as pilots
1982 | Shy Boy by Bananarama - Terry Sharpe (Lead singer of The Adventures) as the "shy boy"
1983 | Who's That Girl by Eurythmics - Cheryl Baker and Jay Aston (singers of Bucks Fizz), Kiki Dee, Hazel O'Connor, Kate Garner (of Haysi Fantayzee), Keren Woodward, Sarah Dallin and Siobhan Fahey (all three of Banarama) and Peter "Marilyn" Robinson all make appearances.  Another girl in the video also looks like Terri Nunn from Berlin, but I can't be sure
1984 | Going Down to Liverpool by The Bangles - Leonard Nimoy as the driver of the car
1984 | They Don't Know by Tracey Ullman - Paul McCartney as Tracey's dream love
1984 | Round and Round by Ratt - Milton Berle makes a cameo
1984 | Dancing in the Dark by Bruce Springsteen - Courtney Cox dances with Bruce at the end
1984 | We're Not Gonna Take It by Twisted Sister - Mark Metcalf spoofs his character of Niedermeyer from National Lampoon's Animal House.  The boy who wants to rock is Jeremy Sisto
1984 | I Wanna Rock by Twisted Sister - Stephen Furst spoofs his character of Flounder from National Lampoon's Animal House
1984 | Hello Again by The Cars - Gina Gershon makes a cameo appearance
1984 | Ghostbusters by Ray Parker Jr. - Chevy Chase, Irene Cara, John Candy, Melissa Gilbert, Nickolas Ashford (of Ashford & Simpson), Jeffrey Tambor, George Wendt, Al Franken, Danny DeVito, Carly Simon, Peter Falk, Teri Garr and Casey Kasem all guest appear.  As well, Dan Aykroyd, Harold Ramis, Bill Murray and Ernie Hudson reprise their roles from the film.
1985 | You're A Friend of Mine by Clarence Clemons and Jackson Browne - Daryl Hannah appears.  She actually is the real backup singer on the song
1985 | Dancing on the Ceiling by Lionel Richie - Cheech Marin and Rodney Dangerfield make cameos
1985 | When the Going Gets Tough by Billy Ocean - Michael Douglas, Kathleen Turner and Danny DeVito appear as Ocean's backup singers.  The song is taken from their film 'The Jewel of the Nile'
1985 | You Look Marvelous by Billy Crystal - Sting appears as himself
1985 | St. Elmo's Fire (Man in Motion) by John Parr - Demi Moore, Rob Lowe, Judd Nelson, Ally Sheedy, Mare Winningham, Emilio Estevez and Andrew McCarthy reprise their roles from the film
1985 | The Goonies 'R' Good Enough by Cyndi Lauper - WWF superstars André the Giant, Captain Lou Albano, Rowdy Roddy Piper, Wendy Richter, The Fabulous Moolah, The Iron Sheik, Nikolai Volkoff and Classy Freddie Blassie appear.  Steven Spielberg also makes a cameo, as do several of the Goonies:  Sean Astin (Mikey), Corey Feldman (Mouth), Josh Brolin (Brand), Ke Huy Quan (Data), Jeff Cohen (Chunk) and Martha Plimpton (Stef)
1986 | Cloudbusting by Kate Bush - Donald Sutherland appears
1986 | You Can Call Me Al by Paul Simon - Chevy Chase steals the show
1987 | Always on My Mind by Pet Shop Boys - Joss Ackland appears
1988 | Don't Worry Be Happy by Bobby McFerrin - Robin Williams and Bill Irwin both appear
1988 | Kokomo by The Beach Boys - John Stamos as the drummer

Subject: Re: Celebrity Cameos in 80s Music Videos

Written By: snozberries on 06/04/11 at 1:41 pm

What? No mention of Arsenio Hall in the Paula Abdul Staight Up vid?

Written By: snozberries on 06/04/11 at 1:51 pm

Michael Douglas, Kathleen Turner and Danny DeVito in that one video done for the Romancing the Stone movie?

Written By: whistledog on 06/04/11 at 6:13 pm

Michael Douglas, Kathleen Turner and Danny DeVito in that one video done for the Romancing the Stone movie?

Jewel of the Nile

I knew there was some I was forgetting

Written By: snozberries on 06/04/11 at 6:14 pm

Jewel of the Nile

I knew there was some I was forgetting

that's the one I was thinking of... thanks.

Written By: Howard on 06/04/11 at 7:02 pm

Oh yeah I remember when he made an appearance in the video.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/04/11 at 8:48 pm

Three here:

EBN-OZN: Bag Lady (I Wonder)
featuring Imogene Coca

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nxV99Q0Otc

Weird Al Yankovic: I Lost on Jeopardy
featuring Greg Kihn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvUZijEuNDQ

RUN-DMC: King of Rock
featuring Larry "Bud" Melman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXzWlPL_TKw

Written By: whistledog on 06/04/11 at 9:07 pm

Three here:

EBN-OZN: Bag Lady (I Wonder)
featuring Imogene Coca

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nxV99Q0Otc

Weird Al Yankovic: I Lost on Jeopardy
featuring Greg Kihn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvUZijEuNDQ

RUN-DMC: King of Rock
featuring Larry "Bud" Melman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXzWlPL_TKw

I forgot about those.  I Lost on Jeopardy also features Don Pardo and Art Fleming

Written By: whistledog on 06/04/11 at 9:19 pm

For some reason, 'I Lost on Jeopardy' just struck me as a bit strange given the timeline.  The song was from 1983.  Jeopardy! with Art Fleming was first cancelled in 1975, then after a 1978 revival, was cancelled again in 1979.  Don Pardo is in the video, but he was the announcer of Jeopardy! until 1975.  The 1978-1979 incarnation was announced by John Harlan, which means Al's video would be set in 1975 or earlier.  If he had just waited 1 more year, he could have had Alex Trebek in the video

Today's lesson of the day:  Don't over analyze a music video.  It's quite confusing :D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/04/11 at 9:40 pm

I forgot about those.  I Lost on Jeopardy also features Don Pardo and Art Fleming

Karma for picking up on Pardo and Fleming.

Jeana Keough (Miss November 1980) and Kymberly Ellen Herrin (Miss March 1981) amongst others from PB in ZZ Top: Legs
(first ones out of the ZZ coupe.  Don't know who the rest of the cast is)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EXXZVdUJ98

Danny Aiello in Madonna: Papa Don't Preach

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5N6KqgMj8o8

Christopher Lambert in Queen: Princes of the Universe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEJ8lpCQbyw

Written By: snozberries on 06/04/11 at 9:56 pm

Jenna Elfman was also in legs....but she wasn't famous yet... ;D

Same with Paula Abdul. She was in Janet's Nasty video...she wasn't quite famous yet but she choreographed the video and appeared in it.

Um... speaking of Paula  wasn't Elijah Wood in the Forever Your Girl video?  Yeah he was but I guess that was before he was famous....apparently Nikki Cox is in the video too.....gotta watch it again to see if I can spot her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pyxKqdtrH8 

Written By: snozberries on 06/04/11 at 10:00 pm

Um... speaking of Paula  wasn't Elijah Wood in the Forever Your Girl video?   Yeah he was but I guess that was before he was famous....apparently Nikki Cox is in the video too.....gotta watch it again to see if I can spot her.

Think I found her... in the scene where Paula is dancing with the girls there's a close of a girl who looks like she could be a young nikki cox.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/04/11 at 11:28 pm

Jenna Elfman was also in legs....but she wasn't famous yet... ;D

Jenna Elfman would have been about 14 when that video was shot.  Are you sure that's her?
???

Written By: whistledog on 06/04/11 at 11:44 pm

Danny Aiello in Papa Don't Preach.  That one completely slipped my mind.  

Here's more I thought of ...

Speaking of Madonna, Debi Mazar is in the 'True Blue' video and Leon is in the 'Like A Prayer' video

Also speaking of Paula Abdul, Djimon Hounsou was in the 'Straight Up' video

Bill Paxton directed and starred in the video for 'Fish Heads' by Barnes and Barnes from 1979

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTpUVAcvWfU

Wil Wheaton and River Phoenix are in the video for the 1986 version of 'Stand By Me' by Ben E. King

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vbg7YoXiKn0

Paulina Porizkova was in the Timothy Hutton directed video 'Drive' by The Cars.  She later went on to marry Ric Ocasek, lead singer of The Cars

Wesley Snipes was in the Martin Scorsese directed 'Bad' by Michael Jackson

Written By: whistledog on 06/04/11 at 11:52 pm

Rae Dawn Chong is in 'Just Another Night' by Mick Jagger

Rebecca DeMornay plays 'Sara' in the 1985 video by Starship

The 1986 hit video 'Stick Around' by Julian Lennon features Michael J. Fox, Jami Gertz and Joe Piscopo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mr7ea9Deu2s

1984 - 'Bop Girl' by Australian artist Pat Wilson, a favourite in his homeland features a young Nicole Kidman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gY-QSGaW9NQ

Ian Mckellen is in 'Heart' by Pet Shop Boys

Written By: Howard on 06/05/11 at 6:28 am

I forgot about those.  I Lost on Jeopardy also features Don Pardo and Art Fleming

At least Don Pardo is still around.

Written By: Howard on 06/05/11 at 6:31 am

Stonewall Jackson made a brief appearance in Michael Jackson's Beat It in 1983.

Written By: Entouch on 06/05/11 at 7:38 am

Liberian Girl  by Michael Jackson had many celebrity cameos( too tired to list)

Beast of Burden by Bette Midler had Mick Jagger

No Respect by Rodney Dangerfield I believe Pat Benatar had a cameo.

Written By: snozberries on 06/05/11 at 11:55 am

Jenna Elfman would have been about 14 when that video was shot.  Are you sure that's her?
???

I remember hearing that somewhere  :-\\  like some interview she was doing when promoting Dharma and Greg

Written By: Howard on 06/05/11 at 12:44 pm

Ray Parker Jr Ghostbusters the cast of Ghostbusters and a few other cameo appearances too.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 06/05/11 at 9:54 pm

Wesley Snipes was one of the homeboys in Michael Jackson's Bad video.

http://youtu.be/zeaBYEzsZfg

Nikkie Cox was a dancer in the children version of Bad, called Badder She's one of the little fgirls dancing in front of Michael's Wanted poster. Also as the child Michael, is Bryan Adams who later danced in Smooth Criminal outside the club Michael was in with Sean Lennon, son of the Beatle.

http://youtu.be/iY-vELYRkbg

Rick James in Eddie Murphy's Party all the Time which is my ISH! I love that song! I will not post the video because if I hear the song I'll be humming it for weeks!
Vanessa Marcil was in Prince's short film The Undertaker playing a suicudal woman that bursts into a Prince jam session. I love how she puked in the middle of the first song! LMAO!
Mellisa Joan Hart in Britney Spears Crazy video. (I lived for this song as a kis)

Written By: apollonia1986 on 06/05/11 at 9:58 pm

Stonewall Jackson made a brief appearance in Michael Jackson's Beat It in 1983.

Michael DiCenso (sp) who was on 90s cop drama New York Undercover played one of the thugs in the video. In the opening, right after the two black men leave the diner you see him and about five other guys scream and run down a dark street.

Written By: whistledog on 06/05/11 at 10:07 pm

Michael DiCenso (sp) who was on 90s cop drama New York Undercover played one of the thugs in the video. In the opening, right after the two black men leave the diner you see him and about five other guys scream and run down a dark street.

Michael DeLorenzo.  I had totally forgotten about that one.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 06/06/11 at 1:40 am

gudEttJlw3s

Christy Turlington appears in Duran Duran's video for Girls On Film

n6p5Q6_JBes

Jennifer Connelly appears in Duran Duran's video for Union of the Snake.

Written By: Howard on 06/06/11 at 6:34 am

and that's where the fight ensues.

Written By: whistledog on 06/07/11 at 12:05 am

Rob Lowe was in 'Turn to You' by the Go-Go's, which was the group's last ever Top 40 hit in the US

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7pI1AY5Ux8

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 06/09/11 at 1:52 am

It's rumoured that Rebbeca Demornay appears in Tears For Fears' Head Over Heels Video but I don't believe that it's her because they've always maintained that the girl in that particular video is "just a Canadian model."

be0mRpzdAT4

Written By: snozberries on 06/09/11 at 1:59 am

I remember hearing that somewhere  :-\\  like some interview she was doing when promoting Dharma and Greg

Mah bad. She was on tour with them as one of the "legs" girl dancers but not in the video.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 06/16/11 at 9:13 pm

Patrick Swayze appears as one of the male dancers  in Toto's Rosanna video and so does Cynthia Rhodes who is the object of Toto's affection.  The two would later be paried together in Dirty Dancing.  :)

j7BWhH3uJg8

Written By: whistledog on 06/16/11 at 9:28 pm

Patrick Swayze appears as one of the male dancers  in Toto's Rosanna video and so does Cynthia Rhodes who is the object of Toto's affection.  The two would later be paried together in Dirty Dancing.  :)

http://youtu.be/O8nKkq_fF5Y

Dang, that is Cynthia Rhodes.  I did notice Swayze as well.  He is the one in the red jacket.

Written By: Dagwood on 06/16/11 at 9:41 pm

Dang, that is Cynthia Rhodes.  I did notice Swayze as well.  He is the one in the red jacket.

I thought the object of their affection was Rosanna Arquette....or is that just because that is who the song is about?

Edit:

Just watched the video and you guys are right.  Is there a video out there with Rosanna Arquette in it, besides anything from Desparately Seeking Susan? 

Written By: whistledog on 06/16/11 at 10:01 pm

I thought the object of their affection was Rosanna Arquette....or is that just because that is who the song is about?

Edit:

Just watched the video and you guys are right.  Is there a video out there with Rosanna Arquette in it, besides anything from Desparately Seeking Susan? 

The song itself was written about Rosanna Arquette.  Not sure why they didn't use her in the video

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 06/16/11 at 10:12 pm

The song itself was written about Rosanna Arquette.  Not sure why they didn't use her in the video

I think it was because she was Jeff Porcaro's ex girlfriend.  He actually denied that the song is about her.

Written By: Dagwood on 06/16/11 at 10:14 pm

The song itself was written about Rosanna Arquette.  Not sure why they didn't use her in the video

I had heard that, but I swear it was her.  Guess the story put her face on Cynthia Rhodes.  Then again, the video I am thinking of, she wasn't wearing a red dress.  Maybe it was a different song?  Or maybe I made it up which is entirely possible. ;D

I think it was because she was Jeff Parcaro's ex girlfriend.  He actually denied that the song is about her.

Makes sense

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 06/16/11 at 10:46 pm

Dr Dimento made a cameo in Weird Al Yankovic's video Ricky!  LOL!  So did Al's parents Nick and Mary were in that video too.  :)

6ZlLQLFq_H4

Written By: robby76 on 06/17/11 at 12:32 am

La Toya Jackson cameo'd in Michael and Paul McCartney's "Say Say Say".

Gregory Hines and Billy Crystal were in Michael McDonald's "Sweet Freedom".

Written By: whistledog on 06/17/11 at 1:30 am

Lou Diamond Phillips is in the 'La Bamba' video by Los Lobos.  

Richard Belzer is in the 1985 video 'Taken In' by Mike + the Mechanics.  The odd thing is that he is not playing John Munch.  WTF? :o

:D

Written By: Howard on 06/17/11 at 6:26 am

Edit:

I don't remember a video with Rosanna Arquette in it. ???

Written By: Howard on 06/17/11 at 6:29 am

La Toya Jackson cameo'd in Michael and Paul McCartney's "Say Say Say".

Gregory Hines and Billy Crystal were in Michael McDonald's "Sweet Freedom".

I remember that,when Gregory Hines and Billy Crystal were playing buddy buddy with Michael McDonald in the video.

Written By: Howard on 06/17/11 at 6:30 am

Don Pardo was in Weird Al's video "I Lost On Jeopardy" in 1983.

Written By: whistledog on 06/19/11 at 6:53 pm

I remember that,when Gregory Hines and Billy Crystal were playing buddy buddy with Michael McDonald in the video.

But do you know the reason they were in the video?

Written By: loki 13 on 06/19/11 at 7:06 pm

Captain Lou Albano played the father figure in a few of Cyndi Lauper's videos.

Written By: Entouch on 06/19/11 at 9:19 pm

They Don't Know by Tracey Ullman had a cameo by Paul McCartney at the end of her video.

Of course you can't forget Christie Brinklley in Uptown Girl and Keeping the Faith? by Billiy Joel. ;D ;D

Written By: Howard on 06/20/11 at 6:01 am

But do you know the reason they were in the video?

They were filming for Running Scared.

Written By: Howard on 06/20/11 at 6:02 am

Captain Lou Albano played the father figure in a few of Cyndi Lauper's videos.

He was so funny in the video.  ;D

Written By: whistledog on 06/20/11 at 8:52 am

They were filming for Running Scared.

O0

Written By: Paul on 06/20/11 at 1:57 pm

Tracey Ullman from 1984...with a special guest, a certain Neil Kinnock MP (as was) who was then leader of Britain's Labour Party...

(Not sure what he was trying to prove here, perhaps he thought he was 'getting with it'...which probably explains why he never became Prime Minister of this country! Thatcher must have quietly chortled...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9ghkGSYTng&feature=related

Written By: Howard on 06/20/11 at 7:00 pm

Tracey Ullman from 1984...with a special guest, a certain Neil Kinnock MP (as was) who was then leader of Britain's Labour Party...

(Not sure what he was trying to prove here, perhaps he thought he was 'getting with it'...which probably explains why he never became Prime Minister of this country! Thatcher must have quietly chortled...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9ghkGSYTng&feature=related

Before I clicked on the video I thought she was singing the Mary Wells version.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/21/11 at 3:25 pm

Dr. Demento was also one of the camera guys.

Dr Dimento made a cameo in Weird Al Yankovic's video Ricky!  LOL!  So did Al's parents Nick and Mary were in that video too.  :)

http://youtu.be/6ZlLQLFq_H4

Dr. Demento was also in Weird Al's "Headline News" video and also Barnes & Barnes Fishheads video.

Cat

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 06/21/11 at 4:57 pm

Mark Metcalf, Animal House, appears in Twisted Sister's video We're Not Gonna Take It.

http://youtu.be/WT1LXhgXPWs

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/24/11 at 5:46 pm

The Greg Kihn Band: Lucky (1985)

Zippy the Pinhead (1:19 and 3:52)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmPA2dZV9oQ

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/03/conehead.gif

Written By: Doc Brown on 01/05/12 at 10:30 pm

I can't believe nobody has mentioned Billy Joel's "Innocent Man" videos. Rodney Dangerfield got upstaged by BJ on the Ed Sullivan Show in "Tell Her About It", future wife Christie Brinkley appeared in the limo during "Uptown Girl", and Joe Piscopo tipped the shoeshine boy $100 at the end of "Keeping The Faith".

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 01/06/12 at 2:14 am

They Don't Know by Tracey Ullman had a cameo by Paul McCartney at the end of her video.

Of course you can't forget Christie Brinklley in Uptown Girl and Keeping the Faith? by Billiy Joel. ;D ;D

I can't believe nobody has mentioned Billy Joel's "Innocent Man" videos. Rodney Dangerfield got upstaged by BJ on the Ed Sullivan Show in "Tell Her About It", future wife Christie Brinkley appeared in the limo during "Uptown Girl", and Joe Piscopo tipped the shoeshine boy $100 at the end of "Keeping The Faith".

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

Actually, it was mentioned before. 

Written By: awfan on 01/25/13 at 11:00 am

I think I may of missed a few lol

1984 | Hello Again by The Cars - Gina Gershon makes a cameo appearance

Um, you're kidding, right?!? And the silver-haired bartender dressed in the suit & bowtie in that same video (appears @ 0:26-0:29, 0:38-0:39, 0:47-0:53, and 1:35-1:57) - who sadly died only a little over two years after it was made, BTW - was a "nobody"?!? Sorry, but he's much more famous than Ms. Gershon will EVER be. Yeesh! (And to think ChuckyG once thought it was actually Crispin Glover, lol...)

Oh, and don't forget the Mercedes driver in the video to Yarbrough & Peoples' #1 r&b/#48 pop hit from 1984, "Don't Waste Your Time"...

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 01/25/13 at 11:51 am

Michael DiLorenzo appears in Michael Jackson's Beat It video.

Written By: whistledog on 01/25/13 at 5:56 pm

Um, you're kidding, right?!? And the silver-haired bartender dressed in the suit & bowtie in that same video (appears @ 0:26-0:29, 0:38-0:39, 0:47-0:53, and 1:35-1:57) - who sadly died only a little over two years after it was made, BTW - was a "nobody"?!? Sorry, but he's much more famous than Ms. Gershon will EVER be. Yeesh! (And to think ChuckyG once thought it was actually Crispin Glover, lol...)

Gina Gershon got naked in 'Showgirls'
Andy Warhol painted some pictures

Written By: Howard on 01/25/13 at 7:49 pm

Michael DiLorenzo appears in Michael Jackson's Beat It video.

and also Stonewall Jackson.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 01/25/13 at 9:23 pm

Think I found her... in the scene where Paula is dancing with the girls there's a close of a girl who looks like she could be a young nikki cox.

And Elijah is in the middle of the video.  The little boy who looks like the son of a record company executive.  :) I'd say he's about 12.

Written By: snozberries on 01/25/13 at 10:13 pm

And Elijah is in the middle of the video.  The little boy who looks like the son of a record company executive.  :) I'd say he's about 12.

I know. I said that in the post prior to the one you quoted  ;D

Um... speaking of Paula  wasn't Elijah Wood in the Forever Your Girl video?  Yeah he was but I guess that was before he was famous....apparently Nikki Cox is in the video too.....gotta watch it again to see if I can spot her.

Written By: whistledog on 01/26/13 at 7:32 am

Donny Osmond and Del Shannon appear in the video for the infamous 1986 clip Runaway by Luis Cardenas.  Still one of the greatest music videos of the 80s!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-GxYzbI4lg

Bronson Pinchot reprises his role as Serge from Beverly Hills Cop in Neutron Dance by The Pointer Sisters
John Goodman was in the video for the 1986 hit Wild Wild Life by Talking Heads
John Travolta is in the 1983 video Twist of Fate by Olivia-Newton John

Written By: Mushroom on 01/26/13 at 2:01 pm

n6p5Q6_JBes

Jennifer Connelly appears in Duran Duran's video for Union of the Snake.

Sorry, looks a bit like her, but I do not think that is her.  When that video was made, Jennifer Connelly would have only been 12 years old, and had only started her modeling career 2 years earlier.

I am surprised nobody brought up some of my favorites:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrhf_zgtmAg
Buster Poindexter, with Bill Murray.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NXkM8PsPXs
Surrounded by various impersonators, is the real John Goodman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULjCSK0oOlI
Chevy Chase "singing" for Paul Simon.

Written By: Howard on 01/26/13 at 7:36 pm

Donny Osmond and Del Shannon appear in the video for the infamous 1986 clip Runaway by Luis Cardenas.  Still one of the greatest music videos of the 80s!

Bronson Pinchot reprises his role as Serge from Beverly Hills Cop in Neutron Dance by The Pointer Sisters

This is a pretty good version of Runaway.

Written By: Dagwood on 01/26/13 at 7:51 pm

Awesome, love that video.  Another of his was linked at the end, Hungry for your love.  Phyllis Diller was in it.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 01/27/13 at 8:18 pm

Sorry, looks a bit like her, but I do not think that is her.  When that video was made, Jennifer Connelly would have only been 12 years old, and had only started her modeling career 2 years earlier.

I am surprised nobody brought up some of my favorites:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrhf_zgtmAg
Buster Poindexter, with Bill Murray.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NXkM8PsPXs
Surrounded by various impersonators, is the real John Goodman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULjCSK0oOlI
Chevy Chase "singing" for Paul Simon.

Those are all very cool picks and for the record Jennifer Connelly was 13 not 12.  :)

The video for Union of the Snake was made in 1983 and Jennifer was born in 1970 so by my calculations Jennifer was 13.  And in case anybody is wondering I wasn't referring to the girl that was playing the bellhop in the video.  I know that's not Jennifer.  Jennifer is the one who's leading all of children into the underground.  The one in the white robe and her hair pulled up on top of her head.

Written By: Mushroom on 01/29/13 at 10:37 am

Those are all very cool picks and for the record Jennifer Connelly was 13 not 12.  :)

The video for Union of the Snake was made in 1983 and Jennifer was born in 1970 so by my calculations Jennifer was 13.  And in case anybody is wondering I wasn't referring to the girl that was playing the bellhop in the video.  I know that's not Jennifer.  Jennifer is the one who's leading all of children into the underground.  The one in the white robe and her hair pulled up on top of her head.

She was born in December 1970, and the Union of the Snake video was released in October.  In checking as to when the video was made, it talked about their prefered director was busy at the time on another project (Jan-April 1984), so this is likely the timeframe the video was actually shot.  Either way, she was still 12 when it was released.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 02/03/13 at 8:22 pm

She was born in December 1970, and the Union of the Snake video was released in October.  In checking as to when the video was made, it talked about their prefered director was busy at the time on another project (Jan-April 1984), so this is likely the timeframe the video was actually shot.  Either way, she was still 12 when it was released.

Thanks for clarifying that Mushroom.  :)

Written By: Mushroom on 02/04/13 at 12:03 pm

Thanks for clarifying that Mushroom.  :)

No problem.  :)  I am really not all that anal-retentive, I had simply looked up the dates before I responded the first time, since I hate to make a fool out of myself.  I had also attacked it from the other direction, looking up any listing of what Ms. Connelly was doing in that era and who might have been the actress in the video.  And IMDB is pretty good at listing actors and actresses who appear in music videos.  I looked there, no listing of her at all.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0477166/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

I am just one of those crazy people that enjoys doing research.

Check for new replies or respond here...