inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Episode of Facts of Life--HELP!

Written By: apollonia1986 on 06/05/11 at 9:43 pm

Hi!

I'm looking for the name of a particular episode of The Facts of Life. I'm not sure what year/season it's from, but I know that in the episode Mrs. Garrett tries to teach Tootie to drive and is nearly driven crazy.

If any one knows the name of this episode, please tell me so I can try to hunt it down on Youtube.

Thanks.  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/multijump.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/mrt2.gif

Subject: Re: Episode of Facts of Life--HELP!

Written By: whistledog on 06/05/11 at 10:14 pm

Not quite sure what episode this was, but I can tell you it was not an episode in the first 5 seasons

Written By: snozberries on 06/05/11 at 10:16 pm

The ep is from season 7. Episode 14 it's called Tootie Drives.

Fun fact. At the point where Nat has tootle driving the Hearst she picks up a family with a little boy in the car. That kid is my friend Jake Jundef who was also on Brooklyn Bridge. H was in Mannequin (briefly) and loads of tv commercials.

Written By: snozberries on 06/05/11 at 10:18 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54ApyfzO3Wk

Written By: snozberries on 06/05/11 at 10:19 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kvt1uRwrGRk&feature=related

Written By: snozberries on 06/05/11 at 10:19 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1oL7UAxNmE&feature=related

Written By: apollonia1986 on 06/05/11 at 10:40 pm

I was never going to find that episode. I was looking at a channel with just season 5 episodes of FOL. LOL. I'm going to enjoy watching this! Thanks so much, Snoz! Yay!  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 06/05/11 at 11:30 pm

No problem. Enjoy!

Written By: whistledog on 06/05/11 at 11:52 pm

I was never going to find that episode. I was looking at a channel with just season 5 episodes of FOL. LOL. I'm going to enjoy watching this! Thanks so much, Snoz! Yay!  ;D

FOL and LOL

Written By: Howard on 06/06/11 at 6:44 am

I wonder if The Facts Of Life would ever come back in 2011 let's say the original cast are all grown up,all are mothers and they are teaching the newer cast about what happened in the past and telling stories and stuff.Would it ever work?  ???

Written By: snozberries on 06/06/11 at 8:26 am

They had a reunion in 2001 Howard.

Mrs. G, Nat, Tootie & Blair spend thanksgiving together.
Jo was too busy being a VIP in San Fran to make it (nancy mckeon was on the Divison then)
But her daughter and husband come to dinner.

Written By: Howard on 06/06/11 at 12:34 pm

Jo was too busy being a VIP in San Fran to make it (nancy mckeon was on the Divison then)

Q,I'm saying like a weekly sitcom like The Facts of Life in the 80's.

Written By: snozberries on 06/06/11 at 2:33 pm

Q,I'm saying like a weekly sitcom like The Facts of Life in the 80's.

Oh I don't think it would be as good as the original

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/06/11 at 3:22 pm

Wasn't there an episode in which Blaire plagiarizes Emily Dickinson?
???

Written By: snozberries on 06/06/11 at 3:34 pm

Wasn't there an episode in which Blaire plagiarizes Emily Dickinson?
???

yeah.... season one ep 6 it's called Emily Dickinson

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/06/11 at 3:51 pm

yeah.... season one ep 6 it's called Emily Dickinson

Wow! Thanx.  I looked it up on Youtube, but it wasn't there.  Looks like it might have been posted then taken down.

Written By: snozberries on 06/06/11 at 4:06 pm

Wow! Thanx.  I looked it up on Youtube, but it wasn't there.  Looks like it might have been posted then taken down.

probably was there and removed since that ep is avail on DVD

Written By: whistledog on 06/06/11 at 9:13 pm

One thing I remember about The Facts of Life was all the potential spin-offs that never were, and when I finally got the DVD sets and watched them, I really started to question why they never became spin-offs ...

The Military Academy with Jimmy Baio, Tootie's family with Richard Dean Anderson or Jo's family featuring two great Canadian talents:  Donnelly Rhodes and Megan Follows

Although had these spin-offs occured, Donnelly Rhodes wouldn't have done Danger Bay and Richard Dean Anderson may not have done MacGyver.  In a positive note though, Jimmy Baio may have became known for something other than 'Soap' and being Scott Baio's cousin, cause really .. what else is he known for? LOL

Written By: snozberries on 06/06/11 at 9:17 pm

One thing I remember about The Facts of Life was all the potential spin-offs that never were, and when I finally got the DVD sets and watched them, I really started to question why they never became spin-offs ...

The Military Academy with Jimmy Baio, Tootie's family with Richard Dean Anderson or Jo's family featuring two great Canadian talents:  Donnelly Rhodes and Megan Follows

Some of those would've made great spin offs.....

don't forget the series finale when they were trying to continue the series back at Eastland with Blair being Head Mistress to Pippa and all her friends. 

Written By: Howard on 06/07/11 at 6:20 am

Oh I don't think it would be as good as the original

the original was classic,I don't think you could get a bunch of girls today in 2011 and do some sort of sitcom like The Facts Of Life women did in the 80's.They could discuss topics like The Internet,Texting,Facebook,Twitter,those sort of topics.

Written By: Brian06 on 06/09/11 at 10:08 pm

I watched that and taped it back then. I got into it back then when the reruns were on TV Land, unfortunately these days I don't really see it rerun on TV anymore.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/09/11 at 10:26 pm

I watched that and taped it back then. I got into it back then when the reruns were on TV Land, unfortunately these days I don't really see it rerun on TV anymore.

TV Land runs only a handful of old sit-coms.  I don't know why.  All In The Family, Sanford & Son, The Jeffersons, Andy Griffith, and Leave It To Beaver are great shows but I've seen 'em all too many times.  I wouldn't buy Facts of Life on DVD, but I'd watch casually if TV Land aired it.  I'd rather see F.O.L. than Fran Dresher or those lame original series, such "Hot In Cleveland."
::)

Written By: Brian06 on 06/09/11 at 10:28 pm

TV Land runs only a handful of old sit-coms.  I don't know why.  All In The Family, Sanford & Son, The Jeffersons, Andy Griffith, and Leave It To Beaver are great shows but I've seen 'em all too many times.  I wouldn't buy Facts of Life on DVD, but I'd watch casually if TV Land aired it.  I'd rather see F.O.L. than Fran Dresher or those lame original series, such "Hot In Cleveland."
::)

Totally agreed about their new original shows, they suck.  8-P

Written By: wsmith4 on 06/13/11 at 7:26 am

God I loved that show.  Can't wait to watch this episode later today.  So thankful for Youtube.

Check for new replies or respond here...