inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: A few toys I need help with naming. Please Help...Thank You

Written By: Nickie on 06/14/11 at 11:09 pm

Hey everyone,
I'm trying to remember the name of a doll I had...she came with a tube of lipstick and you would put the lipstick on her and yourself...when you would put her lips to your cheek her lips would move and puckers and she made a kiss noise. My sister had a doll that came with a brush...top part is a heart shaped brush and bottom half is a spray bottle...I remember it came with glitter so you could spray glitter in her hair. I am looking for the name of foam shapes that you can use in the bath tub...I remember me and my sister had them when we were little and I loved them...they were all different colors. We also had these little baby wound up toys that crawled across the floor. They wore just a diaper and wiggled their little butts crawling across the floor. Also another toy/game I had I can not for the life of me remember what the game was called. It was a marble chicken game. The marbles were white and were the eggs. There were tweezers to pick the marble eggs up with. I am not sure if the marbles went into the chicken’s mouth and out the bottom like laying eggs. Not sure if any of these toys or games would fall into 80s or 90s category but I appreciate the help and I asked on the Unknown Toys Page but got no response for these on there.. If anyone knows the name of any of these things please please reply or email me browneyedtigerangel8705@yahoo.com Thank you.
Nickie

Subject: Re: A few toys I need help with naming. Please Help...Thank You

Written By: snozberries on 06/15/11 at 2:09 pm

your post was a little hard to read  so I broke it up so it would be easier for people to see what items you were trying to identify...

Hey everyone,
I'm trying to remember the name of a doll I had...she came with a tube of lipstick and you would put the lipstick on her and yourself...when you would put her lips to your cheek her lips would move and puckers and she made a kiss noise.

found this kissing doll from 1993 not sure if it's the same one... probably not
http://c520391.r91.cf2.rackcdn.com/47694f32b5afd84537e79f.jpg

My sister had a doll that came with a brush...top part is a heart shaped brush and bottom half is a spray bottle...I remember it came with glitter so you could spray glitter in her hair.

not familiar with it... there were so many dolls that came out in the late 80s early 90s with glitter....

I am looking for the name of foam shapes that you can use in the bath tub...I remember me and my sister had them when we were little and I loved them...they were all different colors.

I'm not familiar with these but a google search of foam bathtub toys gave me all kinds of images of foam letters and shapes for kids to use in the bath.... Pronto and Eva seem to be the biggest producers of this type toy..

We also had these little baby wound up toys that crawled across the floor. They wore just a diaper and wiggled their little butts crawling across the floor.

not sure if these were the babies you were talking about.... they are the ones I had as kid

http://www.whatitsworthnow.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/1977tomybaby1-150x150.jpg

Also another toy/game I had I can not for the life of me remember what the game was called. It was a marble chicken game. The marbles were white and were the eggs. There were tweezers to pick the marble eggs up with. I am not sure if the marbles went into the chicken’s mouth and out the bottom like laying eggs. Not sure if any of these toys or games would fall into 80s or 90s category but I appreciate the help and I asked on the Unknown Toys Page but got no response for these on there.. If anyone knows the name of any of these things please please reply or email me browneyedtigerangel8705@yahoo.com Thank you.
Nickie

The chicken game sounds familiar.... I think it might have been like the Hasbro Don't Break the Ice, Ants in my Pants, Don't Spill the Beans  and Cooties games.... .  I want to say it's Don't Put Your Eggs in One Basket or Chicken vs Egg....or something  I can see the box very clearly (a memory from when I worked at Toys R Us in the late 80s) but I cant find it on line...

Written By: Nickie on 06/21/11 at 11:28 am

Sorry for not breaking it up but I honestly didn't find it that hard to read. But I understand what you are saying.
The kissing doll might be the one. Its been so long im not sure. But I was looking for the name not just pictures.
The walking wind up toy is right but again I was looking for a name not just picture.
The chicken game for the name now that you mentioned a few names I think the first one is quite close. Still on the tip of my tongue though.

Written By: Nickie on 06/21/11 at 11:29 am

Thank You for the help.

Written By: Nickie on 06/21/11 at 11:53 am

Hey everyone,
I'm trying to remember the name of a doll I had...she came with a tube of lipstick and you would put the lipstick on her and yourself...when you would put her lips to your cheek her lips would move and puckers and she made a kiss noise.

My sister had a doll that came with a brush...top part is a heart shaped brush and bottom half is a spray bottle...I remember it came with glitter so you could spray glitter in her hair.
I am looking for the name of foam shapes that you can use in the bath tub...I remember me and my sister had them when we were little and I loved them...they were all different colors.

We also had these little baby wound up toys that crawled across the floor. They wore just a diaper and wiggled their little butts crawling across the floor.

Also another toy/game I had I can not for the life of me remember what the game was called. It was a marble chicken game. The marbles were white and were the eggs. There were tweezers to pick the marble eggs up with. I am not sure if the marbles went into the chicken’s mouth and out the bottom like laying eggs. Not sure if any of these toys or games would fall into 80s or 90s category but I appreciate the help and I asked on the Unknown Toys Page but got no response for these on there.. If anyone knows the name of any of these things please please reply or email me browneyedtigerangel8705@yahoo.com Thank you.
Nickie

Also I remember these 3 wheeled plastic tricycles me and my sister road when we were little. I forget the names of them and if there actually was a specific name for them. I see kids have similar things now a days but not the same we had growing up. Thank You for the help.

Written By: snozberries on 06/21/11 at 12:05 pm

Sorry for not breaking it up but I honestly didn't find it that hard to read. But I understand what you are saying.
The kissing doll might be the one. Its been so long im not sure. But I was looking for the name not just pictures.
The walking wind up toy is right but again I was looking for a name not just picture.
The chicken game for the name now that you mentioned a few names I think the first one is quite close. Still on the tip of my tongue though.

If I knew the names I would have posted the names...

I posted the pics so that we could see if these were the items you were looking for.... then if you say its the right item someone else might remember the name of it for you.

Written By: brwneydpdangl on 06/28/11 at 12:19 pm

Here is something like the blocks we had when we were little. I guess I thought of them as shapes since there is triangles but actually its blocks we had.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g265/trickynickie/Old%20Toys/510232DpgwL__AA1151_.jpg

I am Nickie the one who posted this topic so everyone knows and not to get confused.

Written By: lorac61469 on 06/28/11 at 2:20 pm

not sure if these were the babies you were talking about.... they are the ones I had as kid

http://www.whatitsworthnow.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/1977tomybaby1-150x150.jpg

The chicken game sounds familiar.... I think it might have been like the Hasbro Don't Break the Ice, Ants in my Pants, Don't Spill the Beans  and Cooties games.... .  I want to say it's Don't Put Your Eggs in One Basket or Chicken vs Egg....or something  I can see the box very clearly (a memory from when I worked at Toys R Us in the late 80s) but I cant find it on line...

I had that baby...they're made by Tomy but they were made in the late 70's.

http://ny-image2.etsy.com/il_570xN.206002334.jpg

Tomy also made crawling Cabbage Patch babies in the 80's.

There was I Took a Lickin from a Chicken  ;D  and Lay an Egg  by Tomy.

Written By: lorac61469 on 06/28/11 at 4:08 pm

Also I remember these 3 wheeled plastic tricycles me and my sister road when we were little. I forget the names of them and if there actually was a specific name for them. I see kids have similar things now a days but not the same we had growing up. Thank You for the help.

Are you thinking about Big Wheels or maybe Little Wheels (same thing only a smaller version)?

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=932194295336&id=afa59c337ce4329a93fbaddc26293e7f&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.coolest-toys.com%2fwp-content%2fuploads%2f2008%2f10%2fbigwheel.jpg

Written By: Howard on 06/28/11 at 7:21 pm

Are you thinking about Big Wheels or maybe Little Wheels (same thing only a smaller version)?

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=932194295336&id=afa59c337ce4329a93fbaddc26293e7f&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.coolest-toys.com%2fwp-content%2fuploads%2f2008%2f10%2fbigwheel.jpg

I remember having that,I was 3 years old when I rode my first Big Wheels.

Written By: brwneydpdangl on 07/26/11 at 1:48 pm

Yes I did mean the Big Wheels. Thank You. We had I remember three of them. One my parents oringally bought for me and my sis to ride and we got two others from family members after the out grew them. They didn't look so nice though. lol Easy to tell boys were riding them. With graffiti and the condition they were in.  At least all I can remember was three of them. The ones we got from family members I remember the seats didn't stay on...you'd be riding around and all of a sudden the seat comes out from under you.

Written By: brwneydpdangl on 07/26/11 at 1:50 pm

This is the brush from the doll my sister had as I mentioned where you put the glitter in the squirt bottle and you can squirt it in the doll's hair or your own.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g265/trickynickie/Old%20Toys/100_0289.jpg

Written By: brwneydpdangl on 07/26/11 at 1:52 pm

I had that baby...they're made by Tomy but they were made in the late 70's.

http://ny-image2.etsy.com/il_570xN.206002334.jpg

Tomy also made crawling Cabbage Patch babies in the 80's.

There was I Took a Lickin from a Chicken  ;D  and Lay an Egg  by Tomy.

As for those names I am taking it you are giving for the chicken marble game. I will take a look online see if those may be the game I had but they both don't really ring a bell. But you never know. Thank You.

Written By: brwneydpdangl on 07/26/11 at 1:59 pm

Niether I Got A Lickin from A Chicken or Lay an Egg is what I am looiking for. Thank You though. Its hard to remember but I think it was a big yellow or white chicken standing on a platform type thing. Its been so long but thats what I keep remembering. Kinda fuzzy in the brain.

Written By: brwneydpdangl on 07/26/11 at 2:10 pm

I was just looking around and I think I found the chicken game but its not what I remember it. lol The same dice for it though. Marbles and the name definately rings a bell. Definately not what I was remmebering it as. As I said it has been a long time and I hardly remember it.  It is a yellow chicken though. That part of my memory was right. As well as the marbles and dice.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g265/trickynickie/Old%20Toys/pic140126_lg.jpg

It is called Chick-a-Boom I just went onto www.boardgamegeek.com a great place to find all the old games you played growing up.

Written By: brwneydpdangl on 09/18/11 at 11:44 pm

Thank You all.

Written By: brwneydpdangl on 09/18/11 at 11:45 pm

I am pretty positive that is the kissing doll. If only I had the name. If anyone could help I thank you.

Check for new replies or respond here...