inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: How to get negatives for obscure TV show?

Written By: Ryan112390 on 06/26/11 at 5:41 pm

Hey--

My father appeared sometime in the fall or winter of 1986 as a guest on a daytime TV show on the channel WPIX called "Best Talk in Town", hosted by Nola Roeper. We have a crappy home taped video cassette of it that hasn't aged well (the film jumps and whatnot). As the show is pretty obscure today, I was curious as whether anyone knows if there would be some sort of storage place that would have the original negatives from the show--their copies might be in better condition and might yield a higher quality copy of it, for posterity purposes.

Subject: Re: How to get negatives for obscure TV show?

Written By: danootaandme on 06/26/11 at 6:37 pm

I would take the copy you have to a professional restorer.  They can bring it back somewhat, and digitize it on a disc.

Subject: Re: How to get negatives for obscure TV show?

Written By: snozberries on 06/26/11 at 7:47 pm

I would contact WPIX and ask if they have any old tapes in their vault. Explain what you're looking for and see if there is anyway to get a copy of it.

Also, find out who the producer of the show was....chances are they have some in their own libraries....  or, if that host is still around somewhere reach out to her and see if she has ideas...

Check for new replies or respond here...