inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Index for Songs Released...

Written By: KingB84 on 07/05/11 at 12:23 am

Does anyone out there know of a site or a book that lists ALL songs released during a given year.  I'm trying to find a song and don't know the title or artist.  Pretty sure it was released 1980-1982.  I've found places that list all songs charted in any given year, but not all songs released.  Any help would be appreciated!

Subject: Re: Index for Songs Released...

Written By: snozberries on 07/06/11 at 12:17 am

I dont know of any  however some of the members here have a pretty amazing ability to identify songs
If you could tell us the style and speed of the song
Whether it was sung by a male or female
Where you were when heard it (ie what country are you in)
And if you remember any lyrics someone here might actually know it.

Written By: KingB84 on 07/07/11 at 12:08 pm

The style was rock.  Speed was not fast...I'd say average.  Sung by a female.  Don't know if she was lead singer or just individual.  Song was being played on the radio in the USA.  Partial lyrics are..."some days I get out of bed and I feel like a son of a (words trail off into an "ohhhhhh").  I heard this song only a few times back in the early 80's.  Most likely 1981-1982.  Thanks if anyone has any ideas how to hunt down this song.    :)

Written By: Henk on 07/07/11 at 4:41 pm

All credit to Dan (Claybricks) if this is right...

Warning: uncensored version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kt0byg7bNrY

Written By: snozberries on 07/07/11 at 4:48 pm

I cant view the song title or artist on my iPad henk can you help me out? She looks super familiar.  The lyrics were def right....

I figured itd be you, Claybricks or Jason  (whistledog) with the answer

Written By: whistledog on 07/08/11 at 12:38 am

Can't say as I know that song, but that clip in the song is not bad.  Fits the lyrics.  I may go download that song.

Written By: Henk on 07/08/11 at 5:17 am

I cant view the song title or artist on my iPad henk can you help me out? She looks super familiar.  The lyrics were def right....

I figured itd be you, Claybricks or Jason  (whistledog) with the answer

The band is Widow, the song title is B*tch (fill in the blanks yourself).

I googled part of the lyrics, and stumbled upon an answer (by Dan) to the same question on another site.

Written By: Howard on 07/08/11 at 6:29 am

This sounds like Heart.

Written By: KingB84 on 07/08/11 at 10:58 am

That is the song!!  Well done!!  How did you find that based on one partial line?  Howard & Dan incredible job on this 25 + year question I've had.  Looks like I missed the year by a couple if it was actually 1984.  Many thanks for your efforts!!

KingB84      :D

Written By: snozberries on 07/08/11 at 11:06 am

That is the song!!  Well done!!  How did you find that based on one partial line?  Howard Henk & Dan incredible job on this 25 + year question I've had.  Looks like I missed the year by a couple if it was actually 1984.  Many thanks for your efforts!!

Fixed.....  ;) 

Henk did exactly what I would've done....googled the lyrics... when I did I saw you asked the same question somewhere else in 2008 glad you finally have your answer. 

Written By: Henk on 07/09/11 at 1:52 am

That is the song!!  Well done!!  How did you find that based on one partial line?  Howard & Dan incredible job on this 25 + year question I've had.  Looks like I missed the year by a couple if it was actually 1984.  Many thanks for your efforts!!

I'm not Howard.  :-\\ :(

Fixed.....  ;) 

That looks so much better. Thank you! ;D

Henk did exactly what I would've done....googled the lyrics... when I did I saw you asked the same question somewhere else in 2008 glad you finally have your answer. 

Yep. I just googled for "I feel like a son of a" + lyrics, and came up with only three results/questions. Lucky for me (and you), one of them actually contained an answer as well.

Written By: Claybricks on 07/09/11 at 12:06 pm

Thanks Henk!

"sometimes I crawl out of bed and I feel like a son of a bitch"

http://alternative.tuneforums.com/thread_view.php?threadID=12488

Dan

Written By: KingB84 on 07/10/11 at 8:18 pm

Thanks HENK!!  You and Dan are certainly tops in my book.  I knew it came out before Modern Day Delilah, but thought it was several years earlier.

Thanks guys!

Check for new replies or respond here...