inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Early 1980s HBO or Showtime Comedy Show with short skits

Written By: uh1hhuey on 07/22/11 at 1:49 am

Hi I am looking for the name of a comedy show from the early 80s most likely on HBO or Showtime if I remember correctly, they had various skits throughout the show just like SNL.  The skit Iam looking for was based on the signing of the declaration of independence except that all the men were drunk and having a party with scantly dressed women in the room they were cussing and carrying on and the one line I remember was when John Hancock walked up to sign it and said something like,  I'm gonna sign this so F'in big! and then the skit ended.    I just cant remember the shows name but the characters were all pretty much young like from the show The Kids in the Hall.   
Thanks if you can name this one.

Subject: Re: Early 1980s HBO or Showtime Comedy Show with short skits

Written By: Tia on 07/22/11 at 11:15 am

did it happen to star the muppets? i went to the googlz and came up with an HBO special from 1982 about the declaration of independence that featured muppets.

Written By: uh1hhuey on 07/24/11 at 6:29 pm

No it didnt star the muppets, I originally thought that it starred John Byner and the show Bizarre but after emailing him he couldnt remember doing that skit.  But I cant tell you how funny that was back in the day,  the forefathers were all drunk and had all these wenches with them in the room where they were signing it and like I said when Mr. Hancock walked up to sign it all that came out of his drunken mouth was "Im gonna sign this so F-in Big.  That was hilarious but I just cant find the skit, it was one not to be missed.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/24/11 at 6:48 pm

Could it have been from Not Necessarily the News?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085065/

Cat

Written By: uh1hhuey on 07/25/11 at 12:20 am

First off Love the name Cat and the profile photo.  Meowwww LOL.  You know it might have been I looked at their episode lists and it didnt mention anything like that in there but if I remember correctly the skit I saw was just a really fast short skit so I will have to watch most of the episodes to see if it is part of their show.  Thanks for the info.  Michael

Written By: Tia on 07/25/11 at 7:38 am

No it didnt star the muppets, I originally thought that it starred John Byner and the show Bizarre but after emailing him he couldnt remember doing that skit.  But I cant tell you how funny that was back in the day,  the forefathers were all drunk and had all these wenches with them in the room where they were signing it and like I said when Mr. Hancock walked up to sign it all that came out of his drunken mouth was "Im gonna sign this so F-in Big.   That was hilarious but I just cant find the skit, it was one not to be missed.
sounds like that would be a good start to an X-rated version of the nation's founding. would that be going too far, to make a dirty movie about the nation's founding?

Written By: Claybricks on 07/25/11 at 7:53 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5En85zMyRpQ

SCTV - Dining with La Rue

Could it have been 'Second City' SCTV?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075578/

Dan

Written By: Kenosha on 07/28/11 at 10:54 am

Just throwing it out there...could it be Fridays?

Check for new replies or respond here...