inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Wanted: Club MTV / Remote Control

Written By: deltablues2 on 07/31/11 at 9:36 am

With the anniversary of MTV upon us I was wondering if anyone here has episodes of the shows Club MTV or Remote Control ? I know there have been posts about them before but no one seems to be talking about these lately so I thought I would ask.

If you have eps of either of these shows please let me know here or via email at deltablues2@yahoo.com

Long Live the Original MTV!

Dave

http://retroremixes.wordpress.com

Subject: Re: Wanted: Club MTV / Remote Control

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/02/11 at 6:51 pm

With the anniversary of MTV upon us I was wondering if anyone here has episodes of the shows Club MTV or Remote Control ? I know there have been posts about them before but no one seems to be talking about these lately so I thought I would ask.

If you have eps of either of these shows please let me know here or via email at deltablues2@yahoo.com

Long Live the Original MTV!

Dave

http://retroremixes.wordpress.com

I have the old computer game of Remote Control. Don't think it will play because of the disc drive. Haven't tried it.

Cat

Written By: Foo Bar on 08/02/11 at 8:30 pm

I have the old computer game of Remote Control. Don't think it will play because of the disc drive. Haven't tried it.

CD-ROM, 3.5" or 5.25", and on what platform?  I don't have any old MTV on tape or DVR beyond what's already on YouTube, but I can solve those sorts of problems.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/03/11 at 3:15 pm

CD-ROM, 3.5" or 5.25", and on what platform?  I don't have any old MTV on tape or DVR beyond what's already on YouTube, but I can solve those sorts of problems.

The was WAY before the CD-ROM. It had both the 3.5 AND the 5.25. My old dinosaur (that I still have) takes the 5.25.

Cat

Written By: Foo Bar on 08/04/11 at 9:47 pm

\
The was WAY before the CD-ROM. It had both the 3.5 AND the 5.25. My old dinosaur (that I still have) takes the 5.25.

First, use a blank or expendable 5.25" to make sure the drive's not hosed (or full of dust!) and won't damage the important disk.  Then, what the heck's stopping you from seeing if it still works?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/05/11 at 11:02 am

First, use a blank or expendable 5.25" to make sure the drive's not hosed (or full of dust!) and won't damage the important disk.  Then, what the heck's stopping you from seeing if it still works?

I'm sure it still works on my old dinosaur. But my old dinosaur doesn't have a sound card or a color monitor. I may even get it to play on this computer because I have an external floppy disc drive (3.5). The problem is the one category "Dead or Canadian" the answer now may be BOTH.  :-\\ 

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...