inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Video Music Machine

Written By: Kenosha on 08/02/11 at 7:33 am

Ok, back in the mid-80s I used to watch a TV show called Video Music Machine hosted by a guy named Dallas ?, (don't remember his last name). This show used to air either Saturday or Sunday morning. I have been searching for anything about this show for years now with no luck. I grew up in southern Wisconsin near Milwaukee, I am wondering if it was a local show.
Does anyone remember this TV show?

Subject: Re: Video Music Machine

Written By: Foo Bar on 08/02/11 at 8:33 pm

Ok, back in the mid-80s I used to watch a TV show called Video Music Machine hosted by a guy named Dallas ?, (don't remember his last name). This show used to air either Saturday or Sunday morning. I have been searching for anything about this show for years now with no luck. I grew up in southern Wisconsin near Milwaukee, I am wondering if it was a local show.
Does anyone remember this TV show?

It may have been local, but I'll bet Ty Davis Bergeron (who hosted it) remembers it, and would know whether it ever got syndicated. 

Written By: Kenosha on 08/03/11 at 9:21 am

It may have been local, but I'll bet Ty Davis Bergeron (who hosted it) remembers it, and would know whether it ever got syndicated. 

WOW!!! How did you know this?

Written By: Foo Bar on 08/04/11 at 10:24 pm

WOW!!! How did you know this?

The googles are a wonderful thing.  Feel free to ask him.  One of the good things about social networking is that if you've ever been a public figure in a professional capacity, you're contactable.

Written By: Kenosha on 08/08/11 at 10:01 am

I did google it but I guess there were somethings I forgot. Like it being on WTMJ. But thanks for the help and I emailed him but havent got a reply back yet.

Written By: Sue on 12/05/13 at 10:05 pm

I was just remembering seeing a group called Juluka on Video Music Machine and was trying to remember the VJ's.  Also remembered one guy named Dallas.  Couldn't remember if that was his first or last name.  Dallas Hunter?  Sort of remember Ty "Mother" Davis.  I think they used to say that pro wrestling was the last real sport!  I know it was on WTMJ because my husband and I were guest VJ's, we were able to introduce our favorite music video one Saturday.  We got a little tour of the WKTI set.

Check for new replies or respond here...