inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Anyone remember Pinwheel?

Written By: preston181 on 08/21/11 at 4:50 am

I normally post in the 90's board, but I was a young child in the 80's, (born in 1981). I remember watching a kids show called Pinwheel on Nickelodian. Anyone else remember this?

Subject: Re: Anyone remember Pinwheel?

Written By: moycon on 08/21/11 at 9:41 pm

Yes quite fondly. You can find clips of the show on YouTube. I think at the time it started on Nickelodeon I was probably a few years older than it's intended audience, but I didn't care. I'd watch it daily. There was something surreal about the characters and the shorts they would show.

Written By: Molbeth on 08/22/11 at 2:32 pm

Yes quite fondly. You can find clips of the show on YouTube. I think at the time it started on Nickelodeon I was probably a few years older than it's intended audience, but I didn't care. I'd watch it daily. There was something surreal about the characters and the shorts they would show.

This post instantly put the themesong in the front of my brain..."pinwheel, pinwheel, spinning around, look through my pinwheel and see what i found. pinwheel, pinwheel, spinning and bright, spinning good morning and spinning good night."
man, that's scary. wonder what else is stored in there? 8)

Written By: moycon on 08/22/11 at 6:46 pm

This post instantly put the themesong in the front of my brain..."pinwheel, pinwheel, spinning around, look through my pinwheel and see what i found. pinwheel, pinwheel, spinning and bright, spinning good morning and spinning good night."
man, that's scary. wonder what else is stored in there? 8)

Yes I agree. A few months ago I went on to You Tube and found videos of some of the old Pinwheel segments.
Here is one I remember they would play daily. Some sort of French claymation, hearing the song instantly transported me back to when I was in grade school!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDpQfZqHD3A

Written By: preston181 on 08/23/11 at 1:10 am

I remember watching it from '85 until about mid '88. My mother worked a day job, and my dad worked nights. Instead of leaving my sister and I at home with dad sleeping, mom would drop us off at my grandmother's house. She'd set us up in the living room, and turn on Pinwheel. I remember the snail being my favorite character, and liking the cartoon shorts, and Bill Cosby on the Picture Pages part of the program.

Grandma would make us olive loaf (still one of my favorites) sandwiches and campbell's alphabet soup. If we were good, we'd get a ding dong or a pepperidge farm turnover for dessert.

I still dream about that house my grandmother lived in. It was a 3 story, with a tower style attic. For us being poor kids, grandma's house was an adventure, an it took a long time to fully explore.

Anytime I hear te Pinwheel song, I think back to those days of being a little kid at my grandmother's house.

Subject:

Written By: Dude111 on 09/16/11 at 3:30 pm

I thought this thread was about my Pinwheel i used to have :)

http://www.viecoballoons.com/graphics/w208_9.jpg

I think i do remember the show pinwheel,didnt watch it though.....

Check for new replies or respond here...