inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Andron by Jovan

Written By: moycon on 08/21/11 at 10:00 pm

Thanks to the recent 30th birthday of MTV and the various clips of the channel that were showing up at the time (clips from when MTV was actually a good channel)
One of them included an original commercial for a cologne that was made in the 80's that apparently contained pheromones to help men attract the big haired ladies.

Was just curious if anyone actually ever used this stuff and if so did it smell decent?
I was too young those days to even consider wearing cologne (I was around 10 years old when it came out) so I have no clue what it smelled like.
Every now and again bottles show up on eBay but they usually go for around $200 an oz!!

Here's the video.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2T-His9kP0Y

Subject: Re: Andron by Jovan

Written By: moycon on 09/03/11 at 1:39 am

Hmmm It seems obvious no one here recalls this product or ever used it, but it must have been some good stuff.
An auction I was keeping an eye on just ended, the final price for an unused 2oz bottle....$322.33!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180716850979&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNA:US:1123

Wow maybe someone should re-release this 80's cologne!! LOL Crazy!

Written By: Howard on 09/03/11 at 6:38 am

Wow Moy $200.00 a bottle?  :o Would cologne sites sell it?  ???

Written By: moycon on 09/03/11 at 2:23 pm

I don't think they made past the 80's unfortunately.
It was the first cologne to supposedly use pheromones to attract the opposite sex, so it supposedly wasn't just a particular scent, but science that brought in the babes or hunks.
I was just really curious about it after seeing that 30 year old commercial. My guess is it didn't work or smell very good or it would still be available.

Written By: Howard on 09/03/11 at 6:02 pm

I don't think they made past the 80's unfortunately.
It was the first cologne to supposedly use pheromones to attract the opposite sex, so it supposedly wasn't just a particular scent, but science that brought in the babes or hunks.
I was just really curious about it after seeing that 30 year old commercial. My guess is it didn't work or smell very good or it would still be available.

Jovan is still selling colognes.

Written By: moycon on 09/03/11 at 11:20 pm

Jovan is still selling colognes.

I know, I saw some Jovan earlier today as a matter of fact, unfortunately this particular fragrance is no longer available, I was hoping someone that had some first hand knowledge would chime in. I'm keeping an eye on eBay, I may soon have that knowledge! LOL

Written By: Howard on 09/04/11 at 6:27 am

http://i.ebayimg.com/18/!CDtIKO!!Wk~$(KGrHqEOKogE0fi2E6vtBNPeTBFbo!~~_3.JPG

Here is an 80's cologne,the scent is supposed to attract women as you can see by the picture which is a bunch of BS.  ::)

Subject: Re: Andron by Jovan..Candies for men similar

Written By: Diabolik on 10/25/12 at 4:54 pm

I used to use this exclusively in the 80's the best cologne I have ever used.. I search for it constantly to only find most are asking big time prices..as it is very rare and no longer made.. Coty bought out Jovan years ago and from what I have read on many forums...its been said that the pheromones and needed scents are illegal Civet, Casatorum, etc. I do have a cologne I feel is as close as I can come. That is Candies for men. Seems Candies for men has the same powder soft musky scent as Andron did. I know this threat has long died but maybe I can help someone try candies for men and they can give me there opinion.

Written By: moycon on 10/26/12 at 2:23 am

I can try it, although I never used Andron, so I won't be able to confirm that it's similar.
Thanks for the reply. I still would like to be able to try out the real deal! I dunno if I wanna blow that much cash on a 30 year old bottle of cologne I've never tried.

Written By: Howard on 10/26/12 at 7:01 am

http://c.shld.net/rpx/i/s/pi/mp/23821/6117396104p?src=http%3A%2F%2Fcoauc.com%2FAndronForMenJovanCologne05SplashMiniB1.JPG&d=6edd06ee3a45f804004654796c3ebfc191923e13

Wow they want $175.00 for a bottle of cologne.  :o

Written By: Old enough to remember on 12/14/12 at 7:32 pm

That perfume smelled so good and worked so well omg you could not wrap your mind around that scent, and once you've smelled it you could never forget the sexyness of that scent. I wish I could get my hands on a bottle!

Hmmm It seems obvious no one here recalls this product or ever used it, but it must have been some good stuff.
An auction I was keeping an eye on just ended, the final price for an unused 2oz bottle....$322.33!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180716850979&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNA:US:1123

Wow maybe someone should re-release this 80's cologne!! LOL Crazy!

Written By: moycon on 12/15/12 at 10:25 pm

The commercials for this cologne alone were kick ass. I can't even imagine how TOTALLY AWESOME it must have been.
I'll bet strange, sexy women with big hair would just hover around any man that wore this stuff.
$322 might be a bargain.
I'm saving up!

Written By: Howard on 12/16/12 at 7:26 am

The commercials for this cologne alone were kick ass. I can't even imagine how TOTALLY AWESOME it must have been.
I'll bet strange, sexy women with big hair would just hover around any man that wore this stuff.
$322 might be a bargain.
I'm saving up!

$300 dollars for a bottle of cologne?  :o

Written By: mframe67 on 05/17/14 at 1:16 pm

Andron was the most amazing cologne.  It was my husbands "get lucky" cologne, I have tried to find it for years and they want $400-$500 bottle.  I use to pay $ 25-$30 for a bottle.  Sure wish I could find it now.  I just ordered the tester vile of "Andron" and it isn't Andron.  I spent $15 for the tester.  Stupid, but desperate to find this amazing cologne.  Yes if you have the money to buy it, its definitely money well spent.

Check for new replies or respond here...