inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: No. 73 the 1980's Children's Hit Show, designer made tribute Episodes!

Written By: mikemonkey on 09/06/11 at 5:16 am

Hi, All i'm new here, I am a big fan of No. 73 (not all will remember this program) but it originally starred Sandi Toksvig and Neil Buchanan (Art Atrtack).

I brought back the program because of the facebook page called 'Bring Back No. 73'

Website full of pics, info bio's etc!!  https://sites.google.com/site/no73thetributefilms/home

No. 73 Episode 1 'Anytime Anywhere'
IBIe3I6VDQE

No. 73 Episode 2 'The Roller Skates'
vY0k8pobKFk

No. 73 Gallery of photo's of (on set) a mixture 1 min long!
haWVw76MeWo

Subject: Re: No. 73 the 1980's Children's Hit Show, designer made tribute Episodes!

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/07/11 at 1:51 am

I remember that Saturday morning program, I wished I watched it more.

Subject: Re: No. 73 the 1980's Children's Hit Show, designer made tribute Episodes!

Written By: mikemonkey on 09/07/11 at 5:40 am

The show great and packed full of fun,nonsense, laughter, best bits were, the bands in the basement and 'Ethels Wedding'in 1985.

Written By: whistledog on 09/07/11 at 8:25 am

No. 73 never aired over here in North America, but the one dude from it (name escapes me), did go on to do Art Attack, which was WELL loved over here.

Written By: mikemonkey on 09/07/11 at 5:38 pm

Hey Whistledog!! Wow i never knew that north america had 'Art Attack' his name was Neil Buchanan, No. 73 didn't air, but in The Netherlans it did quite interesting that they could get the signal!!!

Written By: Bobby on 09/08/11 at 7:52 pm

No. 73 never aired over here in North America, but the one dude from it (name escapes me), did go on to do Art Attack, which was WELL loved over here.

Neil Buchannan from Art Attack is a long-running children's TV presenter. I remember him first from Number 73, then he moved on to Motormouth which was another Saturday morning kid's TV show in the UK...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6hgGp40eYg

...and from there started the long-running Art Attack, along with the UK version of the game show Finders Keepers...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MHDwqzswWw

and he had roles in the 'comic' kids TV show Zzapp! He is the artist in the video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4afw0uzXpE

That's off the top of my head.

As for Number 73, I spent my wasted youth watching and loving it and was sad when it finished. This is the super sandwich quiz part of the show and love the idea of Noddy Holder and Supergran sharing the same set, lol.  8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NE2G7dvwXsA

Written By: mikemonkey on 09/09/11 at 10:34 am

I watched all the other programs with Neil Buchanan in!! I still have a 'Motormouth' Badge at my mum and dads, did you know at the time of 'Motormouth' you could rent the motormouth it'self for £250.00!!

Written By: Bobby on 09/09/11 at 4:24 pm

I watched all the other programs with Neil Buchanan in!! I still have a 'Motormouth' Badge at my mum and dads, did you know at the time of 'Motormouth' you could rent the motormouth it'self for £250.00!!

It wouldn't surprise me that you could rent 'Motormouth'. It was a standard studio in Maidstone. Nice one with the Motormouth badge, it must have a certain amount of sentimental value.

Written By: mikemonkey on 09/09/11 at 4:47 pm

Hi, Bobby, yes the badge does have sentimental value i also had 3 signed postcards from 1992 but i don't have them anymore!!, with 'Finders Keepers' i loved the part of the show where the contestents trashed the house to find the cnext clues!! Ace!!

Written By: Bobby on 09/09/11 at 6:20 pm

Hi, Bobby, yes the badge does have sentimental value i also had 3 signed postcards from 1992 but i don't have them anymore!!, with 'Finders Keepers' i loved the part of the show where the contestents trashed the house to find the cnext clues!! Ace!!

One of my favourite parts of Motormouth was the 'It's Torture' gameshow. It was hosted by Steve Johnson before he became a regular part of the crew. It was a normal question and answer thing but the kids were laid in mock torture devices and if they got them wrong they would get caught up in an Iron Maiden or would have a pretend weight crush their head. As these things go it was pretty entertaining.

Finders Keepers was great. I loved the house trashing! They should bring that show back.

Written By: mikemonkey on 09/10/11 at 10:20 am

8) i remeber the 'Torture' gameshow, Fun House with Pat Sharp should be brought back as much as finders keepers. also 'Incredible Games' was awsome me and my sister liked watching it. especially the soup part where you had to swim under the spoon etc to make the words up on the board!

Written By: Bobby on 09/10/11 at 11:20 am

8) i remeber the 'Torture' gameshow, Fun House with Pat Sharp should be brought back as much as finders keepers. also 'Incredible Games' was awsome me and my sister liked watching it. especially the soup part where you had to swim under the spoon etc to make the words up on the board!

Fun House was great but it depends on when you watched it. In the late 1980s and early 1990s Fun House was brilliant! It had that big budget feel to it. Incidentally, I recorded an episode of Fun House on Challenge TV this morning not realising it was from 1998. Pat Sharp was still there, the cheerleading identical twins and even the 'grand prix' part was still intact but the sparkle had vanished and it was clearly evident CITV were sucking the budget out of it. The Fun House looked like an obstacle course and even Pat Sharp's notorious mullet disappeared! The show ran until 1999. I think Fun House and Pat Sharp deserves a comeback with a technological revamp.  :)

Written By: mikemonkey on 09/10/11 at 4:54 pm

i watched fun house from 1989-99, did you ever watch 'T-Bag' which was ace, Elizabeth Estersen is now in 'Emmerdale' as Diane in the pub. i watched all series even with the new 'T-Bag Georgina Hail'.

Written By: Bobby on 09/10/11 at 6:45 pm

i watched fun house from 1989-99, did you ever watch 'T-Bag' which was ace, Elizabeth Estersen is now in 'Emmerdale' as Diane in the pub. i watched all series even with the new 'T-Bag Georgina Hail'.

I did watch T-Bag and T-Shirt from the mid 1980s and definitely preferred Elizabeth Estensen as Talullah Bag to Georgina Hail who played her 'sister' Tabatha Bag. I watched up until 'The Rings of Olympus' in 1991 but don't remember too much about them now. The first few series of the T-Bag adventures have just been released on DVD.

Written By: mikemonkey on 09/11/11 at 6:14 am

Ive just looked on HMV.co.uk, and i'm going to buy the DVD sest of T-Bag, i remember few yrs back when they had a reunion to make up part of the DVD!, well i'm filming next weekend for the last sequel to my No. 73 Episode 3 called 'The Move'!!

Check for new replies or respond here...