inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The '80s Super Club

Written By: Dude111 on 09/16/11 at 2:51 pm

OK '80's fans, lets create the ultimate '80's club.

I will start you all off and you can add whatever you like to the club. If someone for example adds a room for chill out sessions,then your virtual sequences can include the room. If you want to add a new floor to the club ya can :)

So let us describe our club...

It is a large building in the city where you live. It does not have a name yet (someone out there can give it a name).

Opening Night.

Chucky was nervous. It was opening night. "Will this work?" he said out loud. His buisness partner,Smile assured him that it would. Chucky had put a lot of work into the club and the swelling crowd that was forming outside gave him some comfort.

The clubs ground floor is enormous. There is a bar in the left hand corner. In the middle of the room is the DJs 'office' as is the lighting guys post.The furniture is all '80's art deco. Tonight NewRomantic is on the decks.

There have been '80s radio type songs playing to the crowd now for about an hour. Chucky decides to get things going. "OK Tinajo" he says into his two way radio,"lets go".

The main lights are slowly dimmed to the some-what surprise of the crowd. Two large smoke machines are activated. As the 'smoke' fills the room,the whole floor lights up with a white light.

The opening synth sequence of Van Halens '1984' is fed to the gigantic speakers. As the '1984' sequence draws to a close,the white floor light goes out and a series of strobe lights positioned around the club begin their frantic sequence.

'1984' ends and there is a 5 second silence,then the opening notes of Depeche Modes 'Just Can't Get Enough' pound through the speakers much to the crowds delight.

(OK Now someone continue the story from here :))

Subject: Re: The '80s Super Club

Written By: moycon on 09/17/11 at 11:16 am

I'm not very good at writing stories, but if there ever was a 80's Super Club for real, sign me up!
Make sure there is an arcade in the building with about a dozen upright video games and a few cocktail tables as well.

Subject: Re: The '80s Super Club

Written By: Howard on 09/17/11 at 7:31 pm

I would love to go to an 80's Super Club,I'd make sure there would be 80's music.

Check for new replies or respond here...