inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What's the name of that TV show where the boy goes off to find his mom?

Written By: kkatowll on 10/31/11 at 9:48 am

I remember the first episode as if I'd seen it yesterday...boy goes down a hilly road in a barrel in his small mountain-top town, causes all sorts of havok. At the end, he leaves to find his long-lost mother...travels all over for many episodes...and then we learn the mom was in some sort of circus but has just left, the kid gets a plane ride (with the circus folks?) to try to catch up to her, ends up with them both heading back up the mountain to his town, but there's a terrible blizzard, we're not sure if she's gonna make it....and then I never saw the last episode. For decades now I've been wishing I could see the ending! But I long ago forgot the name of it, and I can't find it anywhere with my limited memory of it. Does anyone else remember this show?

Subject: Re: What's the name of that TV show where the boy goes off to find his mom?

Written By: whistledog on 10/31/11 at 10:44 pm

Was it an animated show?  I first thought of 'Belle and Sebastian', but you made no mention of a dog

Subject: Re: What's the name of that TV show where the boy goes off to find his mom?

Written By: kkatowll on 11/04/11 at 1:02 pm

OMG! That's it!!!!
You are so amazing. I love you. Thank you very much.
I have been searching for this, on and off and not in a very organized fashion, for DECADES.
I can't believe I forgot about the dog. :)

Written By: Foo Bar on 11/05/11 at 9:22 pm

Glad we could help!

Written By: whistledog on 11/06/11 at 4:58 pm

Man, I just took a guess.  Glad it was the right one :)

Check for new replies or respond here...