inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Please help ID this movie!

Written By: darkandthewild on 11/24/11 at 7:21 pm

Been trying to name it for years now! It was 80's anime I guess and the little girl's name was Sherry (maybe something similar?) The plot involved her brother going missing or something to that effect. I remember a scene with somebody wearing headphones that opened up and there was a little bird on one side and another animal in the other. they say "It's the tweeter and the woofer".
Vague I know! It's been driving me crazy for years!

Subject: Re: Please help ID this movie!

Written By: Foo Bar on 11/24/11 at 9:13 pm

Been trying to name it for years now! It was 80's anime I guess and the little girl's name was Sherry (maybe something similar?) The plot involved her brother going missing or something to that effect. I remember a scene with somebody wearing headphones that opened up and there was a little bird on one side and another animal in the other. they say "It's the tweeter and the woofer".
Vague I know! It's been driving me crazy for years!

Bird in one side, and a frog in the other side?

http://www.fujikoma.com/unico/smack.jpg

If Melvin the Magnificat looks familiar, you're looking for Unico, released in Japan in 1981, and in the US in 1983.

"Wait, wait a minute, let me at least explain it to ya! what you got here is your most advanced stereophonic sound system in the world!
in this box you got your tweeter, and here's your woofer, see?  First the tweeter... then the woofer!"
 - Script, Unico in the Island of Magic, page 2 of 8.

Source: An old MeFi thread lead me quickly to Unico in the Island of Magic.

Written By: darkandthewild on 11/25/11 at 2:44 pm

Yes yes! Oh my goodness it's been years! I'm so thrilled that someone knew what I was talking about! Thanks so much!

Written By: Foo Bar on 11/25/11 at 5:25 pm

Yes yes! Oh my goodness it's been years! I'm so thrilled that someone knew what I was talking about! Thanks so much!

Most welcome.  Glad I could help!

We're not always this fast (and we've been having some trouble with 90s educational games lately), but this board usually ends up solving most of 'em. 

Check for new replies or respond here...