inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 80s Toro? snowblower commercial

Written By: wagonman76 on 01/16/12 at 11:48 pm

I keep thinking of this commercial.  My friend and I used to love watching it back in the day.  I'm pretty sure it was for Toro snowblowers.  Had to have been late 80s.

They talk about trying to get through the extremely exaggerated wall of snow left by the snowplow.  First vehicle I think was a Caravan peeling out in reverse and hitting the wall of snow with a thud.  Then maybe some other vehicle.  Then I think a Lincoln Town Car revving the engine while teetering on top of the snowbank.  Then they talk about the snowblower and say "the only problem now.... is getting out of your driveway to go buy one" and they showed I think a Dodge Aries blasting and flying through the snowbank in slow motion.

One thing I've been wondering is what is the song that is played on it?  I realize it's probably something well known from one of the famous composers like Bach, Beethoven, etc.....  and I should feel dumb for asking but I really don't know what it's called.

And has anyone seen it on Youtube or anything?  I sure would love to see it again.

Check for new replies or respond here...