inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Wonderworks

Written By: wagonman76 on 01/17/12 at 9:17 pm

Does anyone remember watching the good old episodes of Wonderworks on PBS?  I miss watching that on Sunday afternoons with nothing else to do.  There were a couple episodes in particular that I remember.

One was "Frog".  About a teenage boy who gets a pretty girl to work with him on a science experiment about frogs.  I looked for this for years and years.  And finally I got a bunch of boxes of old VHS tapes from a coworker's mom who went to a nursing home, and it was one of the tapes, in great condition!  The tape was one of many in a series called "Feature Films For Families".

The other was "How To Be A Perfect Person In Just Three Days".  I just seem to remember this boy who listens to tape messages in an old house and at the end says "congratulations, you're not perfect".  Then it had some sort of sad music at the closing.  My search continues for this one.

How about any others?  Does anyone else have any memories of this great little series?

Subject: Re: Wonderworks

Written By: wsmith4 on 01/18/12 at 3:06 pm

I seem to remember one about the dog that wore tennis shoes on his ears - do you remember that one?  It was so funny!  It sounded like Dennis The Menace.

Subject: Re: Wonderworks

Written By: Foo Bar on 01/18/12 at 10:33 pm

The other was "How To Be A Perfect Person In Just Three Days".  I just seem to remember this boy who listens to tape messages in an old house and at the end says "congratulations, you're not perfect".  Then it had some sort of sad music at the closing.  My search continues for this one.

They were a little after my time, but (I had to google - there were 135 of them!) I remember a few.

I found nod to Dr. Silverfish in How to be a Perfect Person in Three Days, which goes back to 1983, and at least now you know what cover art to look for at the rummage sale.  Or the Internets ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...