inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Return to Oz

Written By: preston181 on 05/20/12 at 10:00 pm

Had a little trip back to 1985 today...

I watched Return to Oz on HBO Family. It's that "so horrible it's good" sequel to the masterpiece The Wizard of Oz. I was a young child the last time I watched it. I had been meaning to watch it again because it's Fairuza Balk's debut role, back before she went all gothic, and starred in The Craft in the 90's.

I had forgotten most of the movie, but vaguely remembered the wheelers, the lady with the multiple heads, and Dorothy guessing the Gnome King's collection for her friends, and saying "Oz!". I noticed that the voice actress for the chicken sounded familiar, and I'm pretty sure it's the same lady who did the voice of the "trash lady" in Labyrinth, my all-time favorite movie growing up.

Anyone else remember watching Return to Oz growing up?

Subject: Re: Return to Oz

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/20/12 at 10:25 pm

This was one of my favorite movies! It really creeped me out back then, and it STILL creeps me out!!! I love it though!

Written By: moycon on 05/21/12 at 4:07 am

The sequel followed the books much closer than the orginal flick.
In fact from what I remember the story line was a made up from two of Frank Baums Oz books.
I personally loved it and wish it had been more popular so it would have spawned further sequels.

Written By: Howard on 05/21/12 at 6:28 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MSjHzV-5SE

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/21/12 at 8:55 am

Fairuza Balk was the most adorable child in this movie! She doesn't get enough credit as an actress, even to this day!

Fairuza Then:
http://www.childstarlets.com/captures/videocaps/returntooz/fbrod172.jpg

Fairuza Now:
http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTQzMTcxMzcwN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNjIwMjc1._V1._SY314_CR4,0,214,314_.jpg

She is still very beautiful!

Written By: wsmith4 on 05/21/12 at 10:44 am

This was a creepy movie, for sure!!  From beginning to end.  Almost to the point where I didn't enjoy watching it.  But, definitely good for nostalgia!

Written By: Howard on 05/21/12 at 2:17 pm

Wow today is her birthday, just turned 38.

Happy Birthday Fairuza.  :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/21/12 at 8:41 pm

Wow today is her birthday, just turned 38.

Happy Birthday Fairuza.  :)

She looks good for 38!  8)

Written By: preston181 on 05/26/12 at 7:49 pm

I used to have the hugest crush on her back in the 90's, when she was in The Craft. Something about the gothy look, I guess.

On a semi-related note, Chibi of the band The Birthday Massacre, (a modern band with an 80's style of sound), sort of resembles her.

Check for new replies or respond here...