inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Bright vs pale/pastel colors?

Written By: singer on 07/31/12 at 3:31 pm

Nowadays people usually associate the 80's with bright, crazy colors like magenta, cyan, etc. However, I think that pale and pastel colors (baby blue, light pink, pale yellow, etc.) were also popular. I was watchin ALF the other day and I noticed that the Tanner's kitchen featured some pale colors like light pink and baby blue. Look, even some clothes were in pale colors:
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQslM6aOf4vBw5V9h5dBeqOwggdCYFjbBZwuzAWToKvh2E7UJX-6z5L6--sBA

My question is - were pale/pastel colors popular in the 80's? Or were bright ones more popular?

Subject: Re: Bright vs pale/pastel colors?

Written By: apollonia1986 on 07/31/12 at 8:48 pm

ALOT of the clothes I wore as a youngster in the 80s were neon. I mean i looked like a highlighter in pigtails as a little kid.

I think it was so my mom would be able to see me better running around the house.

Subject: Re: Bright vs pale/pastel colors?

Written By: amjikloviet on 07/31/12 at 8:55 pm

I would say both pastels and bright colors were equally popular. When I was growing up in the '80s I wore pale and bright colors.

Check for new replies or respond here...