inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Soul II Soul - Keep on Movin

Written By: belmont22 on 11/01/12 at 8:54 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iQl46-zIcM

Does anyone know/remember this

Subject: Re: Soul II Soul - Keep on Movin

Written By: amjikloviet on 11/01/12 at 9:01 pm

Yep, I do. My favorite song of theirs. I still have the single(somewhere).

Written By: warped on 11/01/12 at 9:01 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iQl46-zIcM

Does anyone know/remember this

Yes. Song was played in clubs in 1989 or 1990.

Written By: nally on 11/01/12 at 10:56 pm

Yeah...I kinda liked this one. As well as their follow-up single, "Back To Life", which was a big hit in late 1989. 8)

Written By: Jquar on 11/01/12 at 11:32 pm

I remember hearing "Back to Life" a lot on the radio even in the late 90s. I always thought that song was newer.

Written By: belmont22 on 11/01/12 at 11:37 pm

I remember hearing "Back to Life" a lot on the radio even in the late 90s. I always thought that song was newer.

I think the urban music from the 80s was always more accepted in the 90s than the other music.I thought Brass Monkey by the Beastie Boys was a 90s song for the longest time because they would rotate it on the alternative station alongside new music well into the 00s.

Written By: Jquar on 11/02/12 at 10:17 pm

I think the urban music from the 80s was always more accepted in the 90s than the other music.I thought Brass Monkey by the Beastie Boys was a 90s song for the longest time because they would rotate it on the alternative station alongside new music well into the 00s.

Yeah the Beastie Boys, and then stuff like "It Takes Two" and "Push It", got airplay throughout the 90s. I think a lot of people who are under 25 would be surprised to know that those songs are from the 80s since stereotypical 80s music to a younger person is pretty much Michael Jackson , Def Leppard, or some New Wave song.

Written By: Howard on 11/04/12 at 3:43 pm

Yeah...I kinda liked this one. As well as their follow-up single, "Back To Life", which was a big hit in late 1989. 8)

Yes I remember "Keep On Movin" and "Back To Life" and they also had another hit too.

Written By: Starde on 11/10/12 at 12:07 am

I use to think the same when I was a kid. Love "Keep on Moving" and "Back to Life", especially the latter. Reminds me of being a kid. 8)

Written By: Howard on 12/11/12 at 1:19 pm

Yes I remember "Keep On Movin" and "Back To Life" and they also had another hit too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sz4rlEy3OtA

The song was called "Jazzie's Groove".

Written By: Paul on 12/20/12 at 6:37 am

They were, at one point, hailed as the 'next big thing' when they struck with two consecutive hits ('Keep On Moving' and 'Back To Life' which hit #1 in Britain)...but ultimately, the shortcomings (i.e., the songs were more or less carbon copies) caught up with them quickly...

Written By: Howard on 12/20/12 at 7:36 am

They were, at one point, hailed as the 'next big thing' when they struck with two consecutive hits ('Keep On Moving' and 'Back To Life' which hit #1 in Britain)...but ultimately, the shortcomings (i.e., the songs were more or less carbon copies) caught up with them quickly...

So why did they break up?  ???

Check for new replies or respond here...