inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Did you see, and/or hear about a topless Jessica Rabbit scene in "Roger Rabbit"?

Written By: The Valley Goth on 11/03/12 at 6:33 pm

Like, Hi, Fer Shurr,

I have a story about the movie "Roger Rabbit", and a question about Jessica Rabbit, but they are both of a slightly adult nature, so I'll try to be as modest as I can be.

I was a 9-year-old California kid when the 1988 movie "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" was released during the summer of that year.  I was fairly precocious for my age, and I really, really, really wanted to see that movie.  My fairly modest mother had no idea as to what the true nature of the movie was, so when she and my father took me to the movie, she wasn't expecting the movie to be as adult as it was.

As we watched the movie, my mother became more and more nervous.  She had thought that Jessica was going to be an actual rabbit, like Roger, and when she realized what kind of a character Jessica REALLY was, she was shocked; throughout the movie, she felt the need to explain every adult scene to me in her own way, so that I wouldn't be confused, or misled, or whatever.

Well, anyway, when the frisking scene came around, the version of the movie that played in MY local theatre was quite different from the version of the movie that countless OTHER people watched, because...the top of Jessica's red dress was pulled down, and, well, I was officially watching my first topless scene in a movie!  I can still remember the fact that the topless Jessica's chest didn't look humanly realistic (No details...), and that her boobs looked to be both really cartoony, and the color of cooked hot dogs (The 9-year-old mind is of a curious type... ;D).  When Jessica's chest was revealed, Valiant said, "Nice boobies!", and my mother felt the need to explain the scene to me.

Of course, I know that I did NOT confuse this incident with the "Nice booby trap!" incident, because I think that they were BOTH included in whichever version of the movie I watched in the theatre.

I am absolutely NOT kidding about the aforementioned incident, and I did NOT imagine it, because later that summer, my parents and I were at Grandma's house, and my father was joking with my mother about that scene, but she was embarrassed, because I was standing within earshot...

Everybody else online has always told me that I was imagining the scene, and that it never existed, but I know that I didn't imagine the scene.  I watched the movie in Northern California, if that gives anybody a clue as to weather or not THEY saw that same scene...

Sooo, did you ever see, and/ or hear about that topless scene from "Roger Rabbit", and, if you did, have you ever been called crazy by anybody else?  Is it possible that a more adult film reel was sent to a few different theaters as a joke, or something?  I'm fairly certain that I didn't see the movie when it first opened in our local theater...

If anybody has any information at all, with regards to the scene that I've described, they should feel free to share the info. with me, as I'll be forever grateful for any information that proves that I'm not "crazy".
8)

Subject: Re: Did you see, and/or hear about a topless Jessica Rabbit scene in "Roger Rabbit"?

Written By: belmont22 on 11/21/12 at 10:41 pm

I've heard of it yeah!

Subject: Re: Did you see, and/or hear about a topless Jessica Rabbit scene in "Roger Rabbit"?

Written By: Howard on 12/11/12 at 1:10 pm

topless? Wow this I got to see!  :o

Check for new replies or respond here...