inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 80's Blog Topics? (Help)

Written By: apollonia1986 on 11/04/12 at 11:06 am

Hey Y'all!

I write a blog--to try to show people that there's more to me than just MJ all the time--and one of the features of it, is a series I've called "80s Friday" in which I talk about different things pertaining to my favorite decade. Now I've already covered Purple Rain--the film--Thriller--the video-- and make up.

What else can I write about? Because I do like doing these posts and my friends always show in droves to read it.

So if anyone could suggest anything, whether it's Regean being shot at or Chernobyl blowing up, I'll consider anything. And karma for every suggestion!

Thank you!

Subject: Re: 80's Blog Topics? (Help)

Written By: snozberries on 11/04/12 at 11:54 am

I like how you have a blog that shows you have interest other than Michael but you wrote about Thriller in it....

John Hughs films
Other 80s films

New Wave

Pop hits that weren't in English

The British re-Invasion

The rise of Janet Jackson

Hip hop & the evolution of rap from fluff to life experience in the hood

Boys 'n the Hood

John Singleton

Dynasty

Dallas

Soaps

Shopping Malls

Movies about teens in shopping malls

Horror films

Written By: snozberries on 11/04/12 at 11:54 am

The significance of Facts of Life and why people your age should know who Lisa Welchel is (& why they should be ashamed they don't know who she is)

Written By: apollonia1986 on 11/04/12 at 2:45 pm

Thanks Snozzie!

Well, I included Michael because he is a part of my life, but I wanted to show that he doesn't dominate it and I don't sit around lighting candles under a poster of him. LOL. I have a theme for him I started called MJ Flashbacks where I recall different MJ things I expierienced like video premieres. But I do also talk about what's happening with me, particular make up or fashion trends I'm trying, and films I enjoy. Just today, I blogged about the "Thin Man" series of films.

And I did consider the Facts of Life...because Tootie is my favorite! LOL!

Written By: Howard on 11/04/12 at 2:49 pm

Hey Y'all!

I write a blog--to try to show people that there's more to me than just MJ all the time--and one of the features of it, is a series I've called "80s Friday" in which I talk about different things pertaining to my favorite decade. Now I've already covered Purple Rain--the film--Thriller--the video-- and make up.

What else can I write about? Because I do like doing these posts and my friends always show in droves to read it.

So if anyone could suggest anything, whether it's Regean being shot at or Chernobyl blowing up, I'll consider anything. And karma for every suggestion!

Thank you!

How about including the clothes guys and girls wore at that time? ???

Written By: warped on 11/04/12 at 2:56 pm

- Popular TV shows such as "Family ties", "The Cosby Show", "Night Court"
- Duran Duran
- Hair bands
- Spielberg blockbuster films
- Walkman's and boom boxes

Written By: snozberries on 11/04/12 at 3:15 pm

Thanks Snozzie!

Well, I included Michael because he is a part of my life, but I wanted to show that he doesn't dominate it and I don't sit around lighting candles under a poster of him. LOL. I have a theme for him I started called MJ Flashbacks where I recall different MJ things I expierienced like video premieres. But I do also talk about what's happening with me, particular make up or fashion trends I'm trying, and films I enjoy. Just today, I blogged about the "Thin Man" series of films.

And I did consider the Facts of Life...because Tootie is my favorite! LOL!

Rest assured I don't picture you lighting candles at an Mj shrine in your closet. You're obsessed not crazy  :D

Jo was my favorite. I'm just mad that the people in their 20s on survivor have no idea that the "older lady" on their tribe is freaking Blair Warner!!!

Written By: apollonia1986 on 11/04/12 at 3:49 pm

I don't think I'm obsessed with Michael.  :) I'm just a good fan.

And I didn't know that Survivor was even still on the air. I have never watched that show.

Written By: snozberries on 11/04/12 at 4:18 pm

I don't think I'm obsessed with Michael.  :) I'm just a good fan.

And I didn't know that Survivor was even still on the air. I have never watched that show.

It is and Lisa Welchel is a contestant this season

Written By: yelimsexa on 11/07/12 at 10:46 am

-Video Gaming of the era (Atari, Interllivision, Collectovision, Arcades, The Video Game Crash of 1983, the 8-bit era)
-Yuppies, Preppies
-Reaganomics
-Personal Computers & Software of the era
-Technological changes (Cassettes and CDs replacing 8-track and vinyl records, typewriters becoming electronic typewriters before dying, Telex/Telegrams morph into Fax)
-Corporate activty (Mergers, acquisitions, bankruptcies, new corporations; for service industries, how retailing was different in the '80s and how it is similar to today)
-Fashion fads (Swatches, Members Only Jackers, Acid-Wash Jeans, etc.)
-Relationship to other decades ('60s/'70s stuff that carried over into the '80s, '80s influence on the '90s and beyond)
-Cars and driving habits (55 MPH speed limit, boxy styles)
-Print media of the era (Magazines, TV news, radio formats)
-The exercise craze of the era

Check for new replies or respond here...