inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: real life people with same names as '80s tv/movie characters

Written By: carolannebloodworth on 05/05/13 at 5:51 pm

Have many of you come across people with the same name as 1980s tv or movie characters?

My name's Carol Anne. Which proved difficult when the movie Poltergeist came out in 1982 - I was the same age as the actress who played Carol Anne - Heather O'Rourke - was at the time and it didnt help that my mother dressed me in the same brand of frilly little girl's nightgown - with the ruffles and satin bows - that they had Carol Anne Freeling wear in the movie.

Subject: Re: real life people with same names as '80s tv/movie characters

Written By: whistledog on 05/05/13 at 8:05 pm

I once went to a club and it said appearing tonight was DJ Tanner.  Sadened I became when I learned that the in house music that night was performed by a DJ named Tanner.  He was pretty good though

Written By: Howard on 05/06/13 at 6:56 am

Well there is this guy who has the same name as me from The film Color Purple who played Young Harpo in the film Color Purple in 1985.

Written By: snozberries on 05/06/13 at 4:38 pm

as a police dispatcher I run across interesting names all the time....

One day my officers came across a man named Fredrick Kruger (he was born a couple decades before Nightmare came out so he probably got teased relentlessly by friends once the movie was released)

Once I came across a name that has always stuck with me... this person's name came up when I was searching for someone else.... I have always felt sorry for this dude... his last name was White... he was born in 1977 (I think near feburay or March) Roots originally aired at the end of January 1977....  anyway his parents named him  Kunta Kinte

Kunta Kinte White...  can you imagine?  :o

Written By: whistledog on 05/06/13 at 4:49 pm

as a police dispatcher I run across interesting names all the time....

One day my officers came across a man named Fredrick Kruger (he was born a couple decades before Nightmare came out so he probably got teased relentlessly by friends once the movie was released)

Once I came across a name that has always stuck with me... this person's name came up when I was searching for someone else.... I have always felt sorry for this dude... his last name was White... he was born in 1977 (I think near feburay or March) Roots originally aired at the end of January 1977....  anyway his parents named him  Kunta Kinte

Kunta Kinte White...  can you imagine?  :o

He should change his name to LeVar Burton :D

Written By: snozberries on 05/06/13 at 5:24 pm

He should change his name to LeVar Burton :D

;D

Check for new replies or respond here...