inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Grease 2

Written By: Tashlovglit on 05/10/13 at 9:11 pm

Most people seem to prefer the first film.  However, I feel this one is underrated.  It has a fun story and superb singing by most of the actors.  Does anyone here like Grease 2? 

Subject: Re: Grease 2

Written By: Dagwood on 05/10/13 at 9:12 pm

I love Grease 2.  To be honest, I like it better than Grease. 

Written By: warped on 05/10/13 at 9:17 pm

I adored the original "Grease". Great songs, and Olivia Newton-John in leather.    Grease 2 was OK but it could never live up to Grease. The standard was so high.  Grease in one of my favorite movies from the 1970s.  I've watched it at least 10 times.

I saw Grease 2 once.

Written By: Tashlovglit on 05/10/13 at 9:19 pm

One of my favorite songs from Grease 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viQQ99SQGIQ

Written By: robby76 on 05/10/13 at 10:15 pm

Not watched Grease 2 for ages but I reckon I'd still prefer the first movie. But this song is always memorable...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6honxJ2uzwo

Written By: snozberries on 05/11/13 at 3:20 am

Most people seem to prefer the first film.  However, I feel this one is underrated.  It has a fun story and superb singing by most of the actors.  Does anyone here like Grease 2?

You are my favorite person right now. Grease 2 is an avsolute fav of mine. I completely adore it and prefer it over the first one!!!

I have the sound track on my iPod & iPhone & iPad and I can recite virtually every line of the film.
I also own it on VHS laser disc and DVD

Written By: snozberries on 05/11/13 at 3:20 am

I love Grease 2.  To be honest, I like it better than Grease.

U are another of my favorite people...but to be fair I already liked u alot anyway  :D

Written By: snozberries on 05/11/13 at 3:22 am

I adored the original "Grease". Great songs, and Olivia Newton-John in leather.    Grease 2 was OK but it could never live up to Grease. The standard was so high.  Grease in one of my favorite movies from the 1970s.  I've watched it at least 10 times.

I saw Grease 2 once.

I'm the opposite I've seen Grease less than 10x I've seen grease 2 no less than 50x. I'm not exaggerating.

Written By: snozberries on 05/11/13 at 3:22 am

One of my favorite songs from Grease 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viQQ99SQGIQ

I used to do the dance in my living room.  Who am I kidding I still do  ;D

Written By: Howard on 05/11/13 at 6:57 am

Will they ever make a Grease 3?

Written By: snozberries on 05/11/13 at 11:36 am

You never know. They've practically remade every other film there is.

Written By: Mushroom on 05/11/13 at 11:48 am

Pop princess BRITNEY SPEARS may be set to star opposite N'SYNC boyfriend JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE in GREASE 3.

The first Grease movie launched the careers of OLIVIA NEWTON-JOHN and Hollywood heavyweight JOHN TRAVOLTA, while Grease 2 starred gorgeous actress MICHELLE PFEIFFER.

'N Sync's LANCE BASS told a press conference yesterday (9OCT00) that the group want to make a third episode of the legendary musical - and though he wouldn't reveal who will be cast as male and female leads, it's understood Hollywood believe an updated version of Grease starring Britney and Justin would be a big box office hit.

http://cinema.com/news/item/891/britney-and-justin-for-grease-3.phtml

But don't panic, this report was from 2000, and is thankfully dead in the water and will never happen.  And I actually do not put much into that reporting in the first place.  ONJ was already a star, with a string of #1 songs and albums.  And the same with John Travolta, being in not only one of the biggest hits the year before (Saturday Night Fever), but one of the most popular TV shows at the time (Welcome Back Kotter).

This is what happens when a reporter does not bother to do any research and simply makes things up.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/11/13 at 12:39 pm

Greese 2 is one of my guilty pleasures. In many ways I do like it better than the first one.

Love Cool Rider & Reproduction along with this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPQQzJGKOvk

Cat

Written By: Howard on 05/11/13 at 12:51 pm

You never know. They've practically remade every other film there is.

But how could they? a lot of stars from back then are in their 50's or possibly they could do a re-make with younger actors and actresses.

Written By: snozberries on 05/11/13 at 1:03 pm

But how could they? a lot of stars from back then are in their 50's or possibly they could do a re-make with younger actors and actresses.

They would more than likely update the franchise. If the did a sequel- reunion of franchise - or they could do a movie set 40 trs after graduation and we'd see where the characters went after graduation. Lots of story line there Vietnam, hippie culture, the 80s. Etc. it could work.

Written By: Tashlovglit on 05/11/13 at 8:17 pm

I used to do the dance in my living room.  Who am I kidding I still do  ;D

8)  :)

Written By: Tashlovglit on 05/11/13 at 8:17 pm

I'm glad some of you love it like me!

Written By: Dagwood on 05/11/13 at 10:42 pm

U are another of my favorite people...but to be fair I already liked u alot anyway  :D

But it is still good to hear. :D

Written By: Dagwood on 05/11/13 at 10:43 pm

Greese 2 is one of my guilty pleasures. In many ways I do like it better than the first one.

Love Cool Rider & Reproduction along with this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPQQzJGKOvk

Cat

This one is my favorite.

Written By: snozberries on 05/12/13 at 1:02 am

Iwas thinking. Dag remember when we used to live blog movies?
We should try that some night with grease 2

Tash- live blogging movies. A few of us would schedule a time to be on line and all start the movie at relatively the same time and just start talking about it. It was fun. 

Written By: Dagwood on 05/12/13 at 2:32 pm

Tash- live blogging movies. A few of us would schedule a time to be on line and all start the movie at relatively the same time and just start talking about it. It was fun. 

It was fun.

Written By: Howard on 05/12/13 at 3:06 pm

They would more than likely update the franchise. If the did a sequel- reunion of franchise - or they could do a movie set 40 trs after graduation and we'd see where the characters went after graduation. Lots of story line there Vietnam, hippie culture, the 80s. Etc. it could work.

That would be a good idea.

Written By: snozberries on 05/12/13 at 6:52 pm

That would be a good idea.

Which? Updating the franchise? Or the reunion/where are they now idea?

Written By: Tashlovglit on 05/12/13 at 9:27 pm

That sounds like fun  :)

Written By: Howard on 05/13/13 at 7:07 am

Which? Updating the franchise? Or the reunion/where are they now idea?

The reunion.

Check for new replies or respond here...