inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Need help bad! 80's music video search

Written By: Subvoision on 06/12/13 at 2:49 am

Hello all, hopefully someone out there can help me with this one so i dont go (more) mental thinking about this for too long...

I am trying to figure out an obscure music video from the 80's, here is what (i think) I know...

It probably dates from either 87 or 88

Animated music video, starts off with a guy playing a big long german horn thing, he's dressed in liederhosen. Its early techno kind of thing, then there is this milk maid, who is pretty busty, im pretty sure there is a rabbit tapping his foot in time with the beat, and I kinda remember the liederhosen guy and the milkmaid go at it behind a treestump??? It had definite sexual overtones to it

Pretty sketchy video, but its doing my head in trying to find it on youtube/google/anywhere else, so hopefully someone out there remembers this too, and I didn't just make it up :\

Thanks anyone who helps in this random bit of nostalgic timewasting that we all love soo much

Subject: Re: Need help bad! 80's music video search

Written By: Henk on 06/12/13 at 3:57 am

It could be you're looking for this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vNZcQseWtU

Written By: Subvoision on 06/12/13 at 4:10 am

Hi there Henk, thanks so much, I just found it a minute ago following a tipoff from my bro who reminded me it had yodelling in it. I think it has to be it for sure, although I remember it being a cartoon? memory for you... thanks a lot

Written By: Henk on 06/12/13 at 5:58 am

Hi there Henk, thanks so much, I just found it a minute ago following a tipoff from my bro who reminded me it had yodelling in it. I think it has to be it for sure, although I remember it being a cartoon? memory for you... thanks a lot

Glad you found it anyway. :) Hope you stick around nevertheless.

Written By: Howard on 06/12/13 at 6:46 am

It could be you're looking for this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vNZcQseWtU

I think I remember this. ???

Written By: Foo Bar on 06/13/13 at 10:02 pm

Hello all, hopefully someone out there can help me with this one so i dont go (more) mental thinking about this for too long...

I am trying to figure out an obscure music video from the 80's, here is what (i think) I know...

It probably dates from either 87 or 88

Animated music video, starts off with a guy playing a big long german horn thing, he's dressed in liederhosen. Its early techno kind of thing, then there is this milk maid, who is pretty busty, im pretty sure there is a rabbit tapping his foot in time with the beat, and I kinda remember the liederhosen guy and the milkmaid go at it behind a treestump??? It had definite sexual overtones to it

Pretty sketchy video, but its doing my head in trying to find it on youtube/google/anywhere else, so hopefully someone out there remembers this too, and I didn't just make it up :\

Thanks anyone who helps in this random bit of nostalgic timewasting that we all love soo much

If it's not Edelweiss, Bring me Edelweiss, featuring lederhosen-clad girls, beer, cows, lots of yodeling in the chorus, dudes with alpine horns at 0:33, 1:44, 2:36, but nobody actually getting it on, it could be...

CR3FCY9P4xo

Matterhorn Project, Muh!, featuring lederhosen-clad girls, beer, cows, missing the yodeling, but also featuring a dude with alpine horn at 1:56, and then NSFW cartoon boobs when they actually do get it behind a tree stump on 2:20 while a squirrel watches and spanks it and then the squirrel gets a spanking and the bunnies dance at 2:50 and THAT'S ENOUGH INTERNET FOR TODAY!

Both songs have similar BPM, style, and came out at about the same time. (Matterhorn Project was 1985 and Edelweiss was 1987.)

The instrumental remix of Matterhorn Project's Muh (if you remember the song/video, but not the cow sound effects) was Moophonia

So while I'm planning my Swiss vacation, which one was it?

Written By: Mushroom on 06/14/13 at 7:46 pm

What in the heck have they been putting in the water there, LSD?

Written By: Foo Bar on 06/15/13 at 12:23 am

What in the heck have they been putting in the water there, LSD?

Probably not, it decomposes rapidly when in contact with water.

I think it's just copious quantities of good old-fashioned beer and wine, slathered down with a loaf of bread dipped in a gallon of cheese. (They didn't re-legalize the production of absinthe until 2005, so we can scratch that version of alcohol off the list.)

The cows come into play only in that Rivella is a carbonated soft drink formed from the fermentation of whey, of which they have plenty, owing to the aforementioned cows and cheese.

Written By: Subvoision on 06/28/13 at 3:19 am

Thanks Foo bar,

Yeah, in my memory both these songs had superimposed over each other, I definitely remember them both being played quite a bit when I was a kid

I think matterhorn Project is the one I remembered obviously being animated and has the horn playing tree stump action, so thanks a lot for the post

So funny watching this dodgy bizniz now, thinking parents just leaving their kids to watch tv and this kinda stuff being dished up

:)

Written By: Foo Bar on 06/30/13 at 12:14 am

So funny watching this dodgy bizniz now, thinking parents just leaving their kids to watch tv and this kinda stuff being dished up

:)

Best thing is, anything risque was just two or three frames at a time.  It's like anyone who wandered in on that video unaware - in the age before DVRs - could easily convince themselves that they never saw what they thought they saw.  The rest of the video is just cows going MUH! and mice using the local flora as percussion instruments.  I wonder if the censors even noticed.

Anyways, glad to help!  We specialize in the obscure, and this is pretty darn obscure.

Check for new replies or respond here...