inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Big 80's Weekend in Springfield, MO!!

Written By: moycon on 07/16/13 at 9:31 pm

A friend of mine sent this link to me tonight.
This looks really cool. My girlfriend and I were going to take a STAYcation the week before.
Seriously thinking of postponing a week and making a road trip!!

http://big80sweekend.com/

Big 80's Weekend is all things 80's wrapped up into one weekend.  Arcade machines, 80's tech, 80's clothes and 80's music all in ONE place!

At the Big 80's Weekend we are planning on having literally hundreds of 80's era arcade machines and pinball games...  ALL SET ON FREE PLAY.

Come back to the 80s in style with the Big 80's prom!  The look of the 80's, the music of the 80's, the energy of the 80's and the fun of the 80's will be happening on Saturday, August 3rd from 8pm until 11pm during the Big 80's Weekend in the Springfield Expo Center, and you are invited!

Big Hair contest

KHAAAAN! Off

80's music throughout the weekend, from live DJs to The Big Bad Boom Box.

80's vendors, including T-shirts and related stuff.

A Rubik's Cube Contest

And the General Lee is going to be at Big 80's Weekend!

Subject: Re: The Big 80's Weekend in Springfield, MO!!

Written By: moycon on 07/21/13 at 12:42 am

Wow no interest in something like this here?
That surprises me.
I have a vintage arcade game (Gorf) , but it's not currently working or I'd load it up and get in free!!
Still deciding whether or not to make the 10 hour trip. Currently thinking it's probably not worth it. Wont know anyone there. :(
I would like to see 80's weekend more often.

Written By: whistledog on 07/21/13 at 4:12 pm

That does look pretty cool.  You don't need to go to a convention like that to have a good ol' 80s time.

Heck, I live an 80s lifestyle on a regular basis.  I got my Atari 7800 hooked up and over 150 games.  I got a record player with over 2,000 45s, a whole DVD library of 80s films and almost every season of every 80s TV show that's currently available on DVD.  All I am missing is a box of Ice Cream Cones cereal :D 

Written By: Howard on 07/21/13 at 4:57 pm

That does look pretty cool.  You don't need to go to a convention like that to have a good ol' 80s time.

Heck, I live an 80s lifestyle on a regular basis.  I got my Atari 7800 hooked up and over 150 games.  I got a record player with over 2,000 45s, a whole DVD library of 80s films and almost every season of every 80s TV show that's currently available on DVD.  All I am missing is a box of Ice Cream Cones cereal :D

way cool.

Written By: moycon on 07/22/13 at 1:23 am

No I agree, we have 80's nights all the time. I have plenty of 80's movies and shows on DVD, 100's of old MTV video I can stream, 80's board games, an Xarcade stick connected to a PC running MAME, we even dress up in 80s garb! Fun times!

Still would be a good time sharing with other like minded people in my opinion. Just wish this was closer. Not thinking we'll make it to this.

Check for new replies or respond here...