inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: VERY OBSCURE 80s cartoon I saw on HBO

Written By: RonJoseph on 08/08/13 at 4:52 pm

OK, like I said, this is very obscure.

All I can remember is that it was a space adventure featuring (I'm fairly certain) two kids, their dog, and an alien.  For some reason, the dog had a thermos full of pea soup and during one scene (the only scene I can remember!), the dog is walking around in space with a gun and the pea soup is floating in blobs all around him out in zero gravity.

Ha...I've been driving myself insane trying to remember what the heck this is from. 

Anyone have a clue?!?

Subject: Re: VERY OBSCURE 80s cartoon I saw on HBO

Written By: Foo Bar on 08/10/13 at 9:25 pm

OK, like I said, this is very obscure.

All I can remember is that it was a space adventure featuring (I'm fairly certain) two kids, their dog, and an alien.  For some reason, the dog had a thermos full of pea soup and during one scene (the only scene I can remember!), the dog is walking around in space with a gun and the pea soup is floating in blobs all around him out in zero gravity.

Ha...I've been driving myself insane trying to remember what the heck this is from. 

Anyone have a clue?!?

No idea, but if it's The Adventures of the Little Prince (TV series, 1978ish, space-themed), the linked list of episodes might help.

Anything else you remember?  Was it an episodic series (i.e, an actual "show") or a one-off animated piece like those featured in HBO's "Short Takes"?  Western-style animation or more anime-looking?

Subject: Re: VERY OBSCURE 80s cartoon I saw on HBO

Written By: RonJoseph on 08/11/13 at 2:30 pm

No idea, but if it's The Adventures of the Little Prince (TV series, 1978ish, space-themed), the linked list of episodes might help.

Anything else you remember?  Was it an episodic series (i.e, an actual "show") or a one-off animated piece like those featured in HBO's "Short Takes"?  Western-style animation or more anime-looking?

Thanks for the reply! Sadly, the floating pea soup scene is the only one that really stands out.  I remember enjoying it back then, just not the particulars.

It was definitely a "one-off."  I remember it being some hour long special or something similar.  Definitely not the Little Prince. 

This is threatening to drive me mad. 

Thanks again!

Check for new replies or respond here...