inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: "Educational Favorites" VHS tapes for young children

Written By: yelimsexa on 11/22/13 at 8:47 pm

I still have an old VHS tape that I believe is entitled "Learning to Read and Write" from a series licensed by Trans-Atlantic video back in the late '80s/early '90s entitled "Educational Favorites". Many videos had an apple-shaped cover, and each tape would normally have three short segments that aren't unlike what you find on old-school PBS shows. I can't find any Youtube clips on any of these videos, but here is the back of one of these VHS covers:

http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k628/yelimsexa/T2eC16VcFIeSwjGzBBSbfwfiuw60_57_zps053408dc.jpg

Anybody have clips of these videos, and any opinions on watching these? Even though the one I have has a 1988 copyright date, the production style on many of these videos is very '70s.

Subject: Re: "Educational Favorites" VHS tapes for young children

Written By: snozberries on 11/23/13 at 1:51 am

Do u still have a VHS player? They sell av to USB cables so you can upload VHS to your computer. I have one but I haven't used it yet to see how it works.

Written By: AMike33 on 02/13/18 at 10:20 pm

You know I do have some Educational Favorites on VHS tapes that I convert to DVDs and digital files. It is preserved for those who remember this educational nostalgia.

Written By: Elor on 02/14/18 at 4:15 am

Sooner or later I really need to digitize some of my old VHS videos too. Especially the one from my last real vacation in 2001.

Written By: Howard on 02/14/18 at 2:11 pm

Sooner or later I really need to digitize some of my old VHS videos too. Especially the one from my last real vacation in 2001.

I may have to convert mine to CD's and DVDs too.

Written By: Dude111 on 03/06/21 at 5:53 pm

I would love finding some stuff from PBS on VHS that was actually recorded in the 80s!

I would love finding Mr Rogers and/or Sesame street.. I often check pre-recorded tapes to see if I can find any with that stuff from analogue cable but I havent yet found any....

Written By: wagonman76 on 03/06/21 at 9:59 pm

I have some Wonderworks episodes from PBS in the 80s on VHS. They are from a company called Feature Films For Families. I was given them from a coworker whose mother in law died.

Do they have VHS players at resale shops? That’s what I do. I always have a few in case one takes a dump.

Written By: Howard on 03/07/21 at 7:23 am

I would love finding some stuff from PBS on VHS that was actually recorded in the 80s!

I would love finding Mr Rogers and/or Sesame street.. I often check pre-recorded tapes to see if I can find any with that stuff from analogue cable but I havent yet found any....

You can watch some full episodes from Sesame Street And Mr. Rogers on YouTube and also I think there might be some on The Electric Company too from The 1970's.

Written By: Dude111 on 03/07/21 at 9:10 pm

Thank you Howard,I realise that but sadly that isnt analogue and I wanna experience it like I did then :)

Check for new replies or respond here...