inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Need Copy of 1985 Super Bowl TV Commercials

Written By: Robertfranklin on 01/27/14 at 1:58 pm

Need copy of 1985 Super Bowl TV commercials aired in Los Angeles during the 1985 Super Bowl game by Pacific Telephone and Bob's Big Boy Restaurant.

Subject: Re: Need Copy of 1985 Super Bowl TV Commercials

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/27/14 at 2:59 pm

Need copy of 1985 Super Bowl TV commercials aired in Los Angeles during the 1985 Super Bowl game by Pacific Telephone and Bob's Big Boy Restaurant.
Have enquired with the companies concerned?

Written By: Robertfranklin on 01/27/14 at 6:45 pm

Hi Phillip Eno:
I called the phone company about it several years ago, but did not get anywhere. Pacific Telephone is now AT&T. The phone company back then attacked me indirectly in their TV commercials for working on the Franklinstein Robot. I am not sure they want any unfavorable publicity for their scary/stupid TV commercial(s). Bob's Big Boy Restaurant also got into the act, but in a humorous way. And Apple Computer also got into the action with their "Apple 1984 Commercial" they had played a year earlier during the 1984 Super Bowl. There has got to be someone out there that recorded those commercials back then because after all it was those 1984-1985 TV commercials that got that whole Super Bowl commercial craze started!
Best Regards,
Bob :D

Written By: Howard on 01/27/14 at 7:29 pm

Have you tried Youtube?  ???

Written By: Robertfranklin on 01/28/14 at 10:01 pm

Hi Howard:
Thanks for the reply. YouTube is a great idea because there are some people who are really into the old retro TV commercial scene. I found one person so far who has a collection of Pacific Telephone commercials from the 70s and 80s. I will ask them if they know of the TV commercial I am looking for. Some people called Pacific Telephone "Pacific Bell" and "Pac Bell" in their listings. Later on in the late 80s or early 90s Pacific Telephone changed their name to Pacific Bell. Pacific Telephone was angry back then because President Reagan had broken up the old Ma Bell telephone monopoly.
The telephone commercial I am looking for had the late actor Jack Warden in it and in the background set the commercial had the Statue of Liberty prop in it from the Planet of the Apes movie with smoke rising like we had just gone through World War Three. In the early 70s I knew one of the Marlboro Men who was one of the astronauts in the Planet of the Apes movie. We were in a street fight in the middle of Doheny Blvd. one day in the early 70s, so he never liked me much after that.
By the way, I see you use to work for General Electric. I use to work for GE in 1969 when I was a run away from home at the age of sixteen. My ID said I was eighteen though. I had a great job building electrical service panels from scratch in their North Hollywood assembly plant. Those were great times back then!
So long,
Bob ::)

Check for new replies or respond here...