inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Do They Still Make Things Like This?

Written By: apollonia1986 on 01/29/14 at 12:44 pm

Hey Y'all,

I was doing some research fo my novel, as a big 80s Christmas scene in coming, and looked to an old Sears, Christmas catalogue for gifts, and I noticed this:

http://farm1.staticflickr.com/34/123763695_eba3644ce8.jpg
An entire bedroom set devoted to Strawberry Shortcake. (I saw others for the Smurfs, Garfield--I didn't know Garfield was THAT serious--Return of the Jedi and The Smurfs) The child that got these sets must have done backflips, but I wonder, do they still make sets like that aimed at children?

I had a few themed sheet sets--I LOVED my Hook movie one--but I don't think I've seen like whole theme rooms like this, since I was a child. And if I had a child, I'd love to do her room like this.

Subject: Re: Do They Still Make Things Like This?

Written By: amjikloviet on 01/29/14 at 2:42 pm

They still do make them, only the themes and styles are different than they were 29-30 years ago. I just saw various ones now when I did a search.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 01/29/14 at 2:59 pm

They still do make them, only the themes and styles are different than they were 29-30 years ago. I just saw various ones now when I did a search.

Well that's cool. I'm sure Barbie is still around and that's fine for any little girl. LOL.

Written By: Howard on 01/29/14 at 7:11 pm

Well that's cool. I'm sure Barbie is still around and that's fine for any little girl. LOL.

Yes, Barbie I'm sure is still around.

Check for new replies or respond here...