inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 80's commercial/glowing man

Written By: Smilesaway on 04/28/14 at 9:46 pm

Anyone remember an 80's commercial that had a glowing light blue man in it? I think the product was something mundane like toothpaste or something...I know it's a shot in the dark, I remember it because I was just small child and was quite afraid of it! Would love to view it again

Subject: Re: 80's commercial/glowing man

Written By: Jessica on 04/28/14 at 9:50 pm

This one?

1KvLV1aUKF0

Written By: Smilesaway on 04/28/14 at 9:57 pm

No, he was anatomically correct (although not sure if he was a cartoon or special effects) don't remember if he even had facial features? Bald I believe though.. It may not have been a toothpaste commercial, I really have no idea of the product :( I know I was quite young, maybe 2-4 years old so that would put it around '84-86. I don't know why I was so afraid of it! I was having strange dreams at the time, that might have something to do with it, who knows! :)

Written By: Jessica on 04/28/14 at 10:00 pm

Was it in the US?

Written By: Smilesaway on 04/28/14 at 10:04 pm

No, Canada

Written By: snozberries on 04/29/14 at 9:16 am

my friend in Montreal says he vaguely remembers it and believes it was a crest or colgate commercial.

Written By: Foo Bar on 04/29/14 at 9:59 pm

Anyone remember an 80's commercial that had a glowing light blue man in it? I think the product was something mundane like toothpaste or something...I know it's a shot in the dark, I remember it because I was just small child and was quite afraid of it! Would love to view it again

http://i.imgur.com/A8hfK8f.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/oAxdUJ7.jpg

8w3CRvtSqqI

Do either of these ring a bell?  Crest Sparkle was a late-80s thing that went about as well as you'd expect, because almost nobody remembers it ;)

I don't know about anatomically correct, but it was one of the early CGI commercials of the era.  I think it was 1988 for the CGI commercial, but the product and a cartoon mascot may have come out before. 

Check for new replies or respond here...