inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: A PSA my Mom remembers?

Written By: Visor765 on 07/07/14 at 10:49 pm

Okay, a few years ago, I asked my Mom what was the most disturbing PSA commercial she ever saw. She said it was the "former crack head" psa. i will explain to you what she saw.

A woman sits in front of a mirror, where she takes off her teeth, wipes off her makeup, and takes off her wig. During that process she transforms from a woman who looks okay with makeup on to a horrifying creature. That woman was a former crack addict, and that's what it did I to her.

Now, my Mom doesn't remember if it was 80s or 90s, but she remembers that as the scariest PSA she has ever seen. Does anybody remember this video? What impact did it have? Did it scare you? How old were you when you saw it? Because I can't find the video, and I want to see it. Is there any way in which I can find this video? I want to see it so bad. Please someone upload the video if they find it!

Subject: Re: A PSA my Mom remembers?

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 07/08/14 at 1:48 pm

It's the Partnership for a Drug-Free America Anti-Heroin ad.  That was from 1998.  :) I'll post it in the 1990s section for you if you like.  :)  I'm not sure if this ad goes against any rules for excessive gore because it's quite a controversial ad.  :P

Subject: Re: A PSA my Mom remembers?

Written By: snozberries on 07/08/14 at 5:38 pm

It's the Partnership for a Drug-Free America Anti-Heroin ad.  That was from 1998.  :) I'll post it in the 1990s section for you if you like.  :)  I'm not sure if this ad goes against any rules for excessive gore because it's quite a controversial ad.  :P

It's a PSA...if it's safe for TV then it should be safe for the boards....

Here's the link to the thread
http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=50365.msg3174121#new

Check for new replies or respond here...