inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 1988 Cincinnati Newscast with Jerry Springer anchoring!!

Written By: BayAreaNostalgist1981 on 07/26/14 at 1:05 pm

Other than seeing a younger Jerry as a news anchor (he did this before the talk show lol), it's cool to have a snapshot of Ohio from that time. :) The first minute could easily be stories from a modern newscast, and its proof that (as cool and fun as the 80s were), just as much crime and controversy existed back then too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSM3MjAXhpY

Subject: Re: 1988 Cincinnati Newscast with Jerry Springer anchoring!!

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/26/14 at 1:08 pm

Other than seeing a younger Jerry as a news anchor (he did this before the talk show lol), it's cool to have a snapshot of Ohio from that time. :) The first minute could easily be stories from a modern newscast, and its proof that (as cool and fun as the 80s were), just as much crime and controversy existed back then too.

Cured your YouTube link.

Written By: BayAreaNostalgist1981 on 07/26/14 at 1:09 pm

^Thank you. For some reason it wouldn't embed when I tried.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/26/14 at 1:10 pm

^Thank you. For some reason it wouldn't embed when I tried.
You have to delete the 's' that is after the http

Written By: Howard on 07/26/14 at 5:59 pm

Wow, Jerry Springer looks so young in that video.

Written By: 80sfan on 07/26/14 at 10:07 pm

He's fun to watch. It may be I'm biased though because I first knew him as Jerry Springer the talkshow host.

Written By: BayAreaNostalgist1981 on 07/26/14 at 10:23 pm

Wow, Jerry Springer looks so young in that video.

He does, he was 44 there and still had a pretty youthful look.

He's fun to watch. It may be I'm biased though because I first knew him as Jerry Springer the talkshow host.

Yeah, I first started watching his show in 1997 or 98 when the fights were really crazy and the show was unpredictable and hilarious. At first I was shocked he did serious and humanitarian stuff in his earlier careers, but he's actually quite intelligent.

Written By: 80sfan on 07/27/14 at 1:15 am

He does, he was 44 there and still had a pretty youthful look.

Yeah, I first started watching his show in 1997 or 98 when the fights were really crazy and the show was unpredictable and hilarious. At first I was shocked he did serious and humanitarian stuff in his earlier careers, but he's actually quite intelligent.

The peak of the Jerry Springer show's popularity was around 1997/1998 I remember. I watched it every day a few hours after lunch!  8)

Written By: Howard on 07/27/14 at 2:11 pm

The Jerry Springer Show was awesome, fights broke out almost on every show.

Written By: Howard on 07/27/14 at 2:11 pm

The peak of the Jerry Springer show's popularity was around 1997/1998 I remember. I watched it every day a few hours after lunch!  8)

I always got a chance to watch Jerry Springer.

Written By: 80sfan on 07/28/14 at 2:24 pm

I always got a chance to watch Jerry Springer.

Jerry, Jerry, Jerry, Jerry, Jerry!!

Written By: Howard on 07/28/14 at 2:26 pm

Jerry, Jerry, Jerry, Jerry, Jerry!!

I remember all the fights that broke out. They couldn't control themselves,The audience was going crazy. :o

Written By: Vance Jacobsen on 08/08/14 at 8:50 pm

That fella who does sports remindes me of William Hurt's character in on of my favorite movies Broadcast News 8)

Check for new replies or respond here...