inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Who were the ULTIMATE actor and actress of the '80s?

Written By: yelimsexa on 10/04/14 at 6:48 pm

The '80s, like any decade provided a hodgepodge of screen actors and actresses. Note that this discussion refers to actors/actress who peaked in their popularity during the '80s, though feel free to include new actors/actresses who peaked in the '90s or beyond. I feel that Tom Cruise was the ultimate actor of the '80s and Meryl Streep (6 best Actress nominations in the '80s, not to mention playing Margaret Thatcher more recently!) was the most distinctive actress of that decade.

Subject: Re: Who were the ULTIMATE actor and actress of the '80s?

Written By: winteriscoming on 10/05/14 at 2:00 pm

I'm gonna say for men Don Johnson and for women Molly Ringwald.

Written By: gibbo on 10/05/14 at 5:33 pm

Nobody can really touch Streep as the greatest.  Also, there is a big difference between early 80's and late 80's. Of the top drawing actors, Cruise owned from 1986 onwards....  The early 80's were still led by Burt Reynolds (1980 - 1983) and Clint Eastwood (1980 - 1986).

However, it could be argued that Harrison Ford was a greater draw card in the 80's than Tom Cruise.  One big surprise to me was the Eddie Murphy who appears on the top 10 drawing artists lists for each year from 1983 - 1989 (more than the rest of those mentioned).

As far a actresses (excepting Streep),  Michelle Pfeiffer had a big time in the 80's (with several big movies).  Julia Roberts started her run of big films in the later 80's.

Written By: TheEarly90sGuy on 10/13/14 at 1:50 pm

I'm going to go with Richard Pryor and Meryl Streep.

Check for new replies or respond here...