inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Need help identifying a song

Written By: crystalc1973 on 01/28/15 at 4:22 pm

Ended up with a song stuck in my head that I cannot identify, hoping someone here will recognize it based on the limited information I have.  It is from the mid-1980's I think and is sung by a female artist or group who sounds somewhat like Aimee Mann but I don't think it was her.  The song goes something like, and I am not certain of the lyrics, but I think it's: "just.....a little louder, .....a little harder" the blanks were left where the words I was not sure of go.  There is also another verse that goes something like "now it's gone, gone, gone, gone. Gone, gone, gone, gone...."  I think but I am not 100 percent sure of the words. I have not heard this song in years, not sure if it's by an American, Canadian, or UK band or artist but is probably from the 1983-1987 time frame. 
Any help would be appreciated.

Subject: Re: Need help identifying a song

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/28/15 at 5:18 pm

It sounds like, released in 1979,"Gone, Gone, Gone" by Johnny Mathias.

Written By: crystalc1973 on 01/28/15 at 5:39 pm

It sounds like, released in 1979,"Gone, Gone, Gone" by Johnny Mathias.

Thanks for the suggestion, but this song was definitely from the 80's and sung by a woman.  It had a very 80's sound to it too, I just can't clearly remember the lyrics.

Written By: Howard on 01/29/15 at 2:18 pm

You can try searching for the song using Lyricfind.com

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 01/29/15 at 7:39 pm

uejh-bHa4To

Is this it?

Written By: crystalc1973 on 01/29/15 at 8:16 pm

uejh-bHa4To

Is this it?

No, unfortunately.  I know that one, have it on my playlist.  I think this one was more obscure, but the singer did sound something like Aimee Mann, probably someone less well-known I'm guessing.

Written By: crystalc1973 on 01/29/15 at 8:18 pm

You can try searching for the song using Lyricfind.com

Yes, I have tried that, but to no avail.  I am not completely sure of the lyrics too, which makes it even trickier to find.

Check for new replies or respond here...