inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: FUN HOUSE

Written By: namilliron on 02/02/15 at 8:18 pm

I would LOVE to see Fun House on GSN as part of a Saturday Morning kids game show block which I don't see happening, ever.

Subject: Re: FUN HOUSE

Written By: nally on 02/03/15 at 12:22 am

Yeah...it seems GSN has pretty much ditched the older shows, which is kinda sad... but I would love to see the reruns of Fun House again; I loved that show!!

Written By: Howard on 02/03/15 at 2:25 pm

Yeah...it seems GSN has pretty much ditched the older shows, which is kinda sad... but I would love to see the reruns of Fun House again; I loved that show!!

They got rid of the game shows we used to grow up with.

Written By: TheEarly90sGuy on 02/03/15 at 3:02 pm

Where is JD Roth today? The last show I saw him was Gamepro TV.

Written By: Howard on 02/03/15 at 3:18 pm

Where is JD Roth today? The last show I saw him was Gamepro TV.

He is now a CEO of a television production company.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/03/15 at 7:12 pm

I would LOVE to see Fun House on GSN as part of a Saturday Morning kids game show block which I don't see happening, ever.
Looking up Fun House on wiki, I discovered that it was originally a British series.

Written By: nally on 02/03/15 at 9:39 pm

They got rid of the game shows we used to grow up with.

I wonder if we can still see any clips of it on Youtube? A few years back I actually was able to watch a full episode on there; too bad the picture was not remastered. (However, I could still tell what was going on.)

Written By: nally on 02/03/15 at 9:46 pm

Looking up Fun House on wiki, I discovered that it was originally a British series.

Actually, there was a British series based on the American series. It apparently had a similar logo.

I am looking at the Wiki page for the American series; it began in 1988, while the British series began less than a year later, in early 1989. Later in '89, however, a short-lived spinoff series entitled "College Mad House" utilized the same stage set as the U.S. Fun House, and had a similar format; only the props were college-life oriented rather than geared toward kids.

Written By: TheEarly90sGuy on 02/04/15 at 12:37 pm

:o

I never saw that coming.

Written By: Howard on 02/04/15 at 2:32 pm

I never knew that.

Written By: Howard on 02/04/15 at 2:33 pm

I wonder if we can still see any clips of it on Youtube? A few years back I actually was able to watch a full episode on there; too bad the picture was not remastered. (However, I could still tell what was going on.)

I guess it would be on YouTube. ???

Written By: nally on 02/04/15 at 7:53 pm

I guess it would be on YouTube. ???

Yes, some episodes can be seen on there. In fact, I just watched a clip from 1989 on Youtube last night.

Written By: yelimsexa on 02/05/15 at 6:18 am

There's going to be a second game show channel launching called Buzzr TV in August, but its mostly going to consist of Mark Goodson shows (sorry, no Price is Right at its launch) and Let's Make a Deal. I never really watched Fun House as a kid as I may have been a little too young and it didn't rerun well into the '90s like some other shows from that time did. Watching it, while I don't think it's a great as Double Dare, I like it more than Finder's Keepers and is much better than Think Fast.

Written By: whistledog on 02/07/15 at 9:22 pm

I knew that.  I watch Bar Rescue and Catch A Contractor all the time on Spike TV and you see his name in the credits

Check for new replies or respond here...