inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: POLL : TOP 3 Favourite 80s crime detective duo

Written By: robby76 on 03/29/15 at 10:19 am

You can vote for 3 options!

EDIT : Sorry, you can only vote for one show. I tried to edit the poll, but no luck.

Subject: Re: POLL : TOP 3 Favourite 80s crime detective duo

Written By: robby76 on 03/29/15 at 10:33 am

Apart from 80s sitcoms, my next favourite genre is the crime / detective one. I used to watch a lot of these with my mother and I felt so grown up thinking how nice it was that we both enjoyed the same shows.

My Top 3...

1. REMINGTON STEELE - what can I say, every episode is just a joy to watch. Great comedy and great chemistry between Mr Steele and Miss Holt. I have every season on dvd and never tire of it.

2. SIMON & SIMON - Two polar opposite brothers make for some fun crime solving.

3. SCARECROW & MRS KING - Suburban housewife gets involved in international espionage.

I suppose the big names on the poll would be Moonlighting and Miami Vice, but I never really got into either show back in the 80s. Perhaps they were of a more adult nature. Knight Rider was good, but it was kinda spoilt in constant reruns.

http://imgc.allpostersimages.com/images/P-473-488-90/70/7055/ITYL100Z/posters/remington-steele.jpg

http://gallery.grbrewer.com/albums/admin/TV%20Shows/Simon%20_%20Simon/simonandsimon3.jpg

http://www.seanax.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/scarecrowking.jpg

Written By: loki 13 on 03/29/15 at 12:37 pm

Though it wasn't your typical crime show, it dealt more with international crime and terrorism but my favorite duo
of the 80's were....

Srtingfellow Hawk and Dominic.....Airwolf.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/29/15 at 12:53 pm

No brained!

Knight Rider (Michael & KIT)

Written By: snozberries on 03/29/15 at 3:25 pm

Cagney & Lacey is my all time favorite.  It's the show that got me interested in a career in law enforcement. 
It's the show that began my obsession with GOOD (over fluff) crime drama tv shows.  It's the only renowned show on your list.  All the others where entertaining and fun but they weren't really good.  Ya know?

My  other two faves were Remington Steele and Scarecrow & Mrs. King.  Hart to hart is a close fourth followed by CHiPs

Written By: robby76 on 03/29/15 at 9:15 pm

Cagney & Lacey is my all time favorite.  It's the show that got me interested in a career in law enforcement. 
It's the show that began my obsession with GOOD (over fluff) crime drama tv shows.

Yes I agree Cagney & Lacey had more meatier and grittier storylines and because it was set in New York, had that harder edge to it. I did love watching Cagney & Lacey, but for my current retro entertainment I do like the fluffier stuff as that's what's missing from tv today.

Written By: whistledog on 03/30/15 at 1:18 am

In Canada, we had one called Katts and Dog, which also aired in the UK.  It was also shown in the USA under the title Rin Tin Tin: K-9 Cop.  I used to watch it all the time!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDmlbTXkGgg

Of the ones in the list, my favourite was Simon and Simon.  As soon as that theme song came on, I knew it was going to be an exciting episode!

Written By: snozberries on 03/30/15 at 2:13 am

Yes I agree Cagney & Lacey had more meatier and grittier storylines and because it was set in New York, had that harder edge to it. I did love watching Cagney & Lacey, but for my current retro entertainment I do like the fluffier stuff as that's what's missing from tv today.

Don't get me wrong I like the fluff too.. I just don't like to see a great show like Cagney and Lacey lumped in with them lol

It's like comparing Of Mice and Men to Dumb and Dumber... ya know.. lol

Written By: robby76 on 03/30/15 at 3:07 am

In Canada, we had one called Katts and Dog, which also aired in the UK.  It was also shown in the USA under the title Rin Tin Tin: K-9 Cop.  I used to watch it all the time!

Sounds kinda familiar - was it a half hour show? And was it more of an afternoon kids show?

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/30/15 at 3:12 am

Don't get me wrong I like the fluff too.. I just don't like to see a great show like Cagney and Lacey lumped in with them lol

It's like comparing Of Mice and Men to Dumb and Dumber... ya know.. lol

Cagney and Lacey are currently being shown on BBC2, I may watch a few epsidoes.

Written By: gibbo on 03/31/15 at 1:40 am

It's the show that began my obsession with GOOD (over fluff) crime drama tv shows.  It's the only renowned show on your list.  All the others where entertaining and fun but they weren't really good.  Ya know?

My  other two faves were Remington Steele and Scarecrow & Mrs. King.  Hart to hart is a close fourth followed by CHiPs

I already knew your answer.  ;D

I really can't decide...  :-\\  I watched all of those show at one time or another.

Miami Vice was different and really stylized ... but it got old very quickly.  I really enjoyed the romance factor of Remington Steele and Moonlighting.  Hunter (with partner Deedee McCall was also big in the 80's).

Written By: snozberries on 03/31/15 at 2:27 am

I already knew your answer.  ;D

I really can't decide...  :-\\  I watched all of those show at one time or another.

Miami Vice was different and really stylized ... but it got old very quickly.  I really enjoyed the romance factor of Remington Steele and Moonlighting.  Hunter (with partner Deedee McCall was also big in the 80's).

you know me so well! 

Cagney and Lacey are currently being shown on BBC2, I may watch a few epsidoes.

you should Philip

Written By: whistledog on 03/31/15 at 11:31 am

Sounds kinda familiar - was it a half hour show? And was it more of an afternoon kids show?

It was a half hour long show.  It was kind of similar to Due South.  Here in Canada, it aired on Saturday Nights

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/31/15 at 11:56 am

you should Philip

Just my luck, the BBC have stopped showing them!

Written By: Howard on 03/31/15 at 1:18 pm

Miami Vice
Chips
Knight Rider

Written By: snozberries on 03/31/15 at 6:37 pm

Just my luck, the BBC have stopped showing them!

Dang  :-\\

Written By: AmericanGirl on 04/05/15 at 10:06 pm

Remington Steele!  :)

Written By: Howard on 04/06/15 at 1:25 pm

Can we also include crime film duos too?

Written By: snozberries on 04/06/15 at 8:30 pm

Can we also include crime film duos too?

You could make a new poll for that Howard:)

Written By: Howard on 04/07/15 at 1:32 pm

You could make a new poll for that Howard:)

Sure, I will look into that.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 04/08/15 at 12:35 am

Ordinarily I would say Michael and KITT! But you FORGOT T and T with Amanda Taler and T.S. Turner.  Alex Amini and Mr. T.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 04/08/15 at 1:17 pm

Ordinarily I would say Michael and KITT! But you FORGOT T and T with Amanda Taler and T.S. Turner.  Alex Amini and Mr. T.  ;D

When did that air?

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 04/08/15 at 2:58 pm

When did that air?

1988-1990

Written By: whistledog on 04/12/15 at 5:03 pm

I remember that show.  It was syndicated.  I used to watch it on weekend afternoons.  It would come on right after POWW (Professional Organization of Women's Wrestling).

I used to get a kick out of how when Mr. T was ready to kick ass, you'd see him in the locker room putting on his leather gear lol

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 04/12/15 at 8:42 pm

https://youtu.be/P2zYYEAqM7Y

A little clip of the episode Mark Holmes was in Mugshot.  :)

Written By: robby76 on 06/25/18 at 11:23 am

Bumping this for any newbies.

Subject: POLL : TOP 3 Favourite 80s crime detective duo

Written By: Dude111 on 06/27/18 at 4:21 am

Chips :)

Check for new replies or respond here...