inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Are these two videos both shot in the same studio?

Written By: ChuckyG on 08/20/15 at 3:04 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlcY_enzwmI
April Wine - I Like to Rock

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auLBLk4ibAk
Rush - Tom Sawyer

they're not identical, but they look kinda similar.

Subject: Re: Are these two videos both shot in the same studio?

Written By: loki 13 on 08/20/15 at 7:31 pm

They were both shot at Le Studio, Morin heights Quebec.

Written By: ChuckyG on 08/21/15 at 11:54 am

They were both shot at Le Studio, Morin heights Quebec.

was that on wikipedia or something?  I didn't even think to go look it up somewhere

Written By: loki 13 on 08/21/15 at 6:43 pm

was that on wikipedia or something?  I didn't even think to go look it up somewhere

Yes, it is on wikipedia and the page even mentions both bands recording there but that is not where I
found the information. I am old fashioned which means, even though I have the world of information at
my finger tips I still tend to flip through one of my many books, to me nothing beats books.

Written By: whistledog on 08/22/15 at 5:04 pm

Dang.  I never noticed they both filmed at that same studio.  I guess I never realized cause I do not like Rush lol

Written By: Howard on 08/23/15 at 2:31 pm

Dang.  I never noticed they both filmed at that same studio.  I guess I never realized cause I do not like Rush lol

Why don't you like Rush?

Written By: ChuckyG on 08/25/15 at 8:09 am

but, but, you're from Canada aren't you?  I thought that was some kind of requirement for citizenship.

Written By: whistledog on 08/28/15 at 11:21 pm

Why don't you like Rush?

When Geddy Lee sings, he sounds like a chicken.  If I want to hear a chicken sing, I'll listen to Foghorn Leghorn do 'Camp Town Races' lol

but, but, you're from Canada aren't you?  I thought that was some kind of requirement for citizenship.

That's what they say, but I don't get it.  There were bigger and better bands.  Now April Wine, there's a band that should be requirement for citizenship.  They hit gold with every song they released.  Rush had 'The Spirit of Radio' and 'Subdivisions'.  I was not a big fan of anything else they did

Written By: Howard on 08/29/15 at 6:48 am

When Geddy Lee sings, he sounds like a chicken.  If I want to hear a chicken sing, I'll listen to Foghorn Leghorn do 'Camp Town Races' lol

That's what they say, but I don't get it.  There were bigger and better bands.  Now April Wine, there's a band that should be requirement for citizenship.  They hit gold with every song they released.  Rush had 'The Spirit of Radio' and 'Subdivisions'.  I was not a big fan of anything else they did

But that's the way he sings, you can't change it.

Written By: loki 13 on 08/29/15 at 9:53 am

I do like Rush but only certain Rush. Geddy Lee, like Jon Anderson of Yes, used his voice as part of the music early
on in his career when he was heavily in the progressive movement. I think Rush's early albums are fantastic,
at least until Hemispheres. Permanent Waves is okay but you can tell in that album that they were headed into
a new direction. When the destroyer of music arrived, the 80's, both Rush and Yes left the progressive style that
defined them and moved on to a more pop style that was not conducive to their vocal range. So, from Moving Pictures
on I can kind of agree with your chicken assessment.

Check for new replies or respond here...